Corkage fees on the WIND

Floyd's

I read somewhere on here that if the wine or champaign you want to bring isn't on the ship's wine list, you are allowed to bring it aboard and they charge you a $15 corkage fee. My question...do they charge you that fee when you bring it to a restaurant to drink w/ a meal or do they charge you right there w/ your suitcase open for every bottle? If we plan on drinking LOTS of champaign in the cabin...is there still a corkage fee?

Thanks!

I read somewhere on here that if the wine or champaign you want to bring isn't on the ship's wine list' date=' you are allowed to bring it aboard and they charge you a $15 corkage fee. My question...do they charge you that fee when you bring it to a restaurant to drink w/ a meal or do they charge you right there w/ your suitcase open for every bottle? If we plan on drinking LOTS of champaign in the cabin...is there still a corkage fee?

Thanks![/quote']

Yes, you need to pay the corkage fee whether drinking it in your room or any public place on the ship. If you carry it on, you pay the fee right then. If you place it in your checked luggage, don't claim it and it is discovered, you will receive a letter in your room to retrieve your luggage. When you retrieve it, you will be asked to open the luggage and pay the corkage fee. When taking your bottle to a restaurant, just bring your receipt showing you paid the corkage fee.

I was on the Nov 29th sailing of the Wind.

When I was checking in they x-rayed the luggage and seen a bottle of wine. Then they asked if I had a bottle and I said yes, I was going to pay the corkage fee and keep the wine in my room and then I had to take it out of the suitcase and get out of the line up.

They took a case of beer away from someone else as they couldn't take it onboard and I had to pay $15.00 for my bottle of wine and was able to take it to my room.

I think you will have to pay $15.00 for every bottle you are taking on board.

Anyone know what the corkage fee is for boxed wine of any quanity.

I just got off the Majesty this Saturday and paid a $30 corkage fee for my box of wine. The box was the equivilent of 4 750ml bottles and at first I was told I would have to pay $15 for each 750ml. That would have been $60 for my box of wine. I told them no thanks and they decided to only charge me for "2 bottles". Hope this helps.

Jodie

I just got off the Majesty this Saturday and paid a $30 corkage fee for my box of wine. The box was the equivilent of 4 750ml bottles and at first I was told I would have to pay $15 for each 750ml. That would have been $60 for my box of wine. I told them no thanks and they decided to only charge me for "2 bottles". Hope this helps.

Jodie

Was the box in carryon or checked. Word was they were not catching most box wines either way.

Archived