Anyone miss their tour in Kona?

Ocean Spirit

I was already set to book the Bodyglove tour through NCL and after reading the latest post concerning NCL web site messing up bookings.

The only available tour is the afternoon tour.... which we don't want.

If I book directly with Bodyglove, I can get onto the morning tour. I'm really worried we won't be able to get to shore in time for the tour. Has anyone had experience "catching" this tour or have you missed it because of slow tendering?

• 3 weeks later...

We have the Eruption of Flavor tour booked through NCL in Kona and my confirmation states the tour starts at 7:30 am and our ship is not even suppossed to arrive until 8:00 and then we have to use tenders. Can anyone clarify. Thanks

We have the Eruption of Flavor tour booked through NCL in Kona and my confirmation states the tour starts at 7:30 am and our ship is not even suppossed to arrive until 8:00 and then we have to use tenders. Can anyone clarify. Thanks

730am is probably the meeting time to get on the tender, if you booked a shore excursion through NCL you will have a meeting place to get on the tender so you dont wait in a long line, they were very organized with this when we were on NCL, whenever you get your tickets after boarding ,check the time and then check where you meet,..im sure thats what it is , you will be the 1st ones tendering,

melissa

rule of thumb is if it is a ship excursion and the ship is delayed - the excursion will wait. Otherwise, it's up to the tour guide. If (s)he has 25 people on board, then the tour will problably wait. One or two, probably not, unless they are the only ones with the guide.

The problem with Kona is that the ocean is unpredictable and can be smooth as glass or wrought with huge waves, often just hours apart. There's no way of knowing until you get there - you might not even be able to tender ashore.

My advice is to book the tour, but be prepared to miss it and hve alternative plans in place.

Charlie

just got back from POH got to Kona at 7 AM as per schedule handed out tender tickets at 6:45 with a small line and got on first tender without issues. On the way back my wife and I split up I had a 10 minute wait for a tender while my wife who showed up 20 minutes behind me waited 45 to 60 min to get on the tender so it depends on when you go. If you show up early to get a ticket you should not have a problem with making a 8 am reservation anywhere but the rental car at the hotel opens at 8 am so we took a cab

just got back from POH got to Kona at 7 AM as per schedule handed out tender tickets at 6:45 with a small line and got on first tender without issues. On the way back my wife and I split up I had a 10 minute wait for a tender while my wife who showed up 20 minutes behind me waited 45 to 60 min to get on the tender so it depends on when you go. If you show up early to get a ticket you should not have a problem with making a 8 am reservation anywhere but the rental car at the hotel opens at 8 am so we took a cab

Archived