Platinum after only one RCCL cruise

flagger

So my docs came today and I noticed our C&A numbers had -PLAT written next to them. I am not complaining of course but I am wondering how.

I have one cruise on RCCL in Jan 2005 in a JS. I have two cruises on Celebrity both in a CC. So I have two RCCL cruise credits and four Celebrity cruise credits. It would appear they are combining the totals from both to bump us up to the next level INSTEAD of select=Gold, Elite=Platinum, etc.

I know we had an issue on our RCCL cruise which resulted in $150 in compensation, but I doubt they would have bumped us up. The only thing I can figure is they have truly combined the credits between both programs.

Not sure when they did it, but I think it was fairly recently. Cause some problems too. Peoples credits got combined with others.

I hadn't heard they changed this............could it have just been an error?? I only have one Celebrity cruise under my belt so it is no big deal.......

I found the following on the RCCL website.

As a benefit of Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus membership in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society, you will receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club. If you are currently a member of both loyalty programs, you will automatically be upgraded based on your highest membership level between the two. For instance, if you are a Crown & Anchor Platinum member and a Captain's Club Classic member, you will be automatically upgraded to the Select level in the Captain's Club. And if you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member, you will automatically receive equivalent recognition as a Captain's Club Elite member. The benefits of the two programs will stay independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined.

Not sure how Celebrity program works but maybe you are Elite on them, thus giving you Platinum benefits on RCCL. It is possible after only 4 cruises on them if they work like RCCL and give you extra credits for suites etc.

1) Don't complain! Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

2) I know that both RCCL and X give extra cruise credits for certain cabin bookings as well as I believe they give double points for cruises of 14 days or longer.

Found the following on the RCCL site:

Receive an extra cruise credit when you purchase and sail in a suite (categories RS, OS, FS, GS, JS) for sailings beginning on or after January 1, 2004

Receive two cruise credits for a 12-night or longer cruise/cruisetour on or after January 1, 2003 ****

I'm sure X has something similar.

Nope I only have four credits with Celebrity and two with RCL. However my completed cruise credits shows FIVE on the C&A website. I am not complaining just wondering how it happened. If they were combined I should have six, but five after one cruise in a JS makes no sense.

Either way I will enjoy Platinum bennies.

Somewhere out there someone is missing 4 cruise credits.....I'm just thinking of that thread last week where the woman was Diamond C&A and suddenly she got demoted to Gold because they credited all her cruises to a woman in another state with the same name. I don't know if she ever resolved the issue, but I guess they do "misplace" cruise credits. After reading her thread I went to the C&A site and printed out my cruise history so I would have some sort of proof in case it happened to me. They did tell her that they could not "take away" the cruise credits from the other woman, so you're probably pretty safe.

Somewhere out there someone is missing 4 cruise credits.....I'm just thinking of that thread last week where the woman was Diamond C&A and suddenly she got demoted to Gold because they credited all her cruises to a woman in another state with the same name. I don't know if she ever resolved the issue, but I guess they do "misplace" cruise credits. After reading her thread I went to the C&A site and printed out my cruise history so I would have some sort of proof in case it happened to me. They did tell her that they could not "take away" the cruise credits from the other woman, so you're probably pretty safe.

I am on my way there now and print out mine. ;) They are really fouled up at RCCL lately.

If anyone has read the bottom of my signature, I am still waiting for my credits from 2 cruises and my Diamond upgrade after being home for 71 days. :(

It is my understanding they do Not include your seperate credits from C and mix them with RC. Once you earn a status with Cel or RC, you then can get that same status with either cruiseline! But you can't add 3 Rc credits and 3 Cel credits to become a Platnuim!!! You can have 6 RC credits and cruise 1 time on Cel and become a Captains Club member at the level for 6+1 cruises. I only have 1 Cel cruise and prior to becoming a Diamond, the 10 RC cruises with that 1 Celebrity cruise DID NOT help me to be a diamond. I had to complete all the 10 cruises with RC to become the Diamond.

ALEX: I can't beleive you still didn't get your cruise credits. Call C&A and straighten them out NOW!!!!

makes us Diamond on RCI. Select on Celebrity makes you Platinum on RCI. I just checked MY CRUISES & we are still 3 not 13 credits. I was told it reads 10 cruise credits since December 2005. We cruise May 2006 & got 2 credits not 12. Now Freedom last October gave us 3 not 13. I still read DIAMOND MEMBER 10 credits but it is only 3 as I was told.

I found the following on the RCCL website.

As a benefit of Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus membership in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society, you will receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club. If you are currently a member of both loyalty programs, you will automatically be upgraded based on your highest membership level between the two. For instance, if you are a Crown & Anchor Platinum member and a Captain's Club Classic member, you will be automatically upgraded to the Select level in the Captain's Club. And if you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member, you will automatically receive equivalent recognition as a Captain's Club Elite member. The benefits of the two programs will stay independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined.

Not sure how Celebrity program works but maybe you are Elite on them, thus giving you Platinum benefits on RCCL. It is possible after only 4 cruises on them if they work like RCCL and give you extra credits for suites etc.

but Celebrity has the Concierge Club staterooms, which are the A1-3 staterooms with plush bathroom carpets, flowers, free champagne in ice bucket upon entry. For 12+ nights you get 3 cruise credits. We did 3 getting 9 credits & a short cruise for 10. We are Elite on "X" & Diamond on RCI. 2 RCI cruises this year (3 weeks at sea for 3 credits with our Maui week). Unfortunately the stated priority embarkation on "X" for CC is a joke since no one at a port knows anything about it. 5.5 hour wait for bus at LAX & another 2 hours in line at San Pedro port to board Summit for TransCanal. I phoned them & was told I was in error. They also give no perks to Elite members, nothing free just BOGO coupons. No more free Net access (10 minutes). SO I am with RCI. Curious with the 2 new ship categories coming out if Elite members get FREE CRUISE as RCI Diamond Plus do???

1) Don't complain! Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

2) I know that both RCCL and X give extra cruise credits for certain cabin bookings as well as I believe they give double points for cruises of 14 days or longer.

Found the following on the RCCL site:

Receive an extra cruise credit when you purchase and sail in a suite (categories RS, OS, FS, GS, JS) for sailings beginning on or after January 1, 2004

Receive two cruise credits for a 12-night or longer cruise/cruisetour on or after January 1, 2003 ****

I'm sure X has something similar.

Archived