beer and drink prices?

Taylor Man

Can anyone tell me how much the beer and mix drink prices are on the Carnival Glory? I am sailing on Dec. 30, 2006. It is easy to "smuggle" your own favorite poison? Looking forward to your help!

Here's a link to the drink menu that was also the same in October on the Paradise. I think all ships are the same. http://community.webshots.com/album/521755807XYeiOA

Thery're quite expensive i thought. a can of coors light is about 5$ after the gratuity and they pretty much go up from there, althought some of the others are 16 ounce, pint bottles. the mixed drinks were okay, like the drink of the days and such and were still 5.50 or so i think with a refill on their plastic fancy cups. so needless to say i couldn't afford really to get drunk :(

that's okay though. It's probably what cost the most on my s&s account.

I agree that the prices are obviously more expensive than buying beer or hard liquor or wine at your local store, but no more expensive than any other club or bar or hotel lounge etc... I usually bring at least two bottles of liquor (rum and vodka) and then buy the soda card or use juices as mixers etc and then buy the occasional beer or some thing while we are out and about...

I always cringe when I hear people on here saying that the beer prices on board aren't any higher than a regular bar...just because I would freak if I lived somewhere where the local bars charge that much! :eek:

Any random bar around here and you can get a domestic for $2.00. Or if they have a happy hour it can be around $1.25.

I'm trying to decide what kind of beer I will bring with me. I want to blend in :p so I want to buy the same kind in the same can/bottle as what's on board. Can anyone confirm whether you can get Bud in regular size cans or just Coors Light?

I always cringe when I hear people on here saying that the beer prices on board aren't any higher than a regular bar...just because I would freak if I lived somewhere where the local bars charge that much! :eek:

Any random bar around here and you can get a domestic for $2.00. Or if they have a happy hour it can be around $1.25.

You must live in the sticks. can't even find $2 beers at happy hour much these days around here. your local prices are unbelievable to thise of us in big cities.

You must live in the sticks. can't even find $2 beers at happy hour much these days around here. your local prices are unbelievable to thise of us in big cities.

Actually, I don't. I live in Kentucky (which many people THINK is the sticks :D ) but I'm in Louisville. We have over a million people :p (not quite New York, but definitely not the sticks :) )and it's probably one of the most recognized cities in Ky. Gimme the derby any day! Haha :cool:

It might help that I tend to frequent neighborhood bars that are pretty much a hole in the wall, instead of major clubs.

i live in the cincinnati area and our drink prices are cheap here also at the local bars and places like applebees and so forth. to get back to your question, bucket are the only way to go. we would bring what was left back to the room and our room steward would ice them down for us. great unexpected service. as far a smuggling the beer. i've been on several different ships and one time it was cans and the other ship was those aluminun bottles. so that could get tricky if you bring the wrong thing. good luck.

Actually, I don't. I live in Kentucky (which many people THINK is the sticks :D ) but I'm in Louisville. We have over a million people :p (not quite New York, but definitely not the sticks :) )and it's probably one of the most recognized cities in Ky. Gimme the derby any day! Haha :cool:

It might help that I tend to frequent neighborhood bars that are pretty much a hole in the wall, instead of major clubs.

Love the place! Hurricane O'Malley's... Getting smashed on Makers Mark while watching the horses...

Oh, yeah, back to topic, when we purchased buckets, the domestics came in 16oz aluminum bottles, they removed the caps, so let them know in advance not to do that... never an issue for us as we never had any left.

Dood, when were you here? If it was before we had "4th Street Live" you should visit again. There's now an entire Maker's Mark lounge :D

Was there in 95, 97, 00, 01,02,03,04, always stay at the Brown Hotel...

Never heard of "4th Street Live", but it sounds like my kind of place;)

i live in the cincinnati area and our drink prices are cheap here also at the local bars and places like applebees and so forth. to get back to your question, bucket are the only way to go. we would bring what was left back to the room and our room steward would ice them down for us. great unexpected service. as far a smuggling the beer. i've been on several different ships and one time it was cans and the other ship was those aluminun bottles. so that could get tricky if you bring the wrong thing. good luck.

We live in SE Indiana and we certainly are not considered the sticks being only 30 miles from Cincinnati, and 45 miles from Indianapolis. Our beer prices in any bar within a 100 mile radius is 1.50 to 2.00 per can or bottle. I hear it all the time from people that live in CA to NY that we are hillbilly's and live in the sticks, but I would take OH to KY to IN any day! :p

Thanks for all the replies! Did you say the 4 bucket beers are 16oz or 12 oz.? And they were $15? HURRICANE O MALEYS ! Only time I was ever in Kentucky and that place rocked! (1988)

The only time we got a bucket of beer our bar waiter just dropped it off on the table. Four 12-ounce cans of Bud Light, on ice. We never ordered it or were charged for it!! (We weren't even drinking beer, just DODs!)

I know a gratuity is added to beer and drinks. But is there also a tax added? thanks

The gratuity is the only "extra" charge you will see on any given slip. Tax? You've already paid that when you book your cruise. The fact that you pay $4+ for any drink you purchase is a tax enough, and whether or not any of that is actually "tax" is doubtful. That's what they call "revenue in the hopes of profit". :)

I just returned from the Fantasy Dec.7th & the prices for the drinks were the same as they were when we were on the Triumph in May 06. The "Drink of the Day" & "Foo Foo Drinks in souvenier glass was $6.95 & the refill was $5.95. The bucket of beer 16oz bottles with tip was $19.55. If you purchase the drink coupons from Carnival gifts you get 4 coupons for $19.50. But you have to do this before you go with a 2 week pre-sail cut off to order. I used the coupons on both trips for refills of the "Drink of the Day" & Foo Foo Drinks & was NEVER charged any extra on my sail & sign card. So if you are going to have the DOD or Foo Foo Drinks it is well worth buying & using them. For beer not worth it & I do know about prices for any other drinks. Hope this helps you & "Bon Voyage" enjoy ...:D

The gratuity is the only "extra" charge you will see on any given slip. Tax? You've already paid that when you book your cruise. The fact that you pay $4+ for any drink you purchase is a tax enough, and whether or not any of that is actually "tax" is doubtful. That's what they call "revenue in the hopes of profit". :)

Not true, if you are still tied to the dock in some ports, there will be tax added to your purchase, I belive Galveston is one of them... required by state law.

Not true, if you are still tied to the dock in some ports, there will be tax added to your purchase, I belive Galveston is one of them... required by state law.

Long Beach also charges L.A. tax when still in port. We live in a small town (30,000 folks) in the SF Bay Area in CA and we think the drinks on board are about the same as we pay around here, even at 'hole in the wall' bars.

Archived