Wheelchair and scooter?

Marie213

yes, assuming there are 2 of you, one rides the scooter on board while the other pushes the wheelchair with the carry on luggage on the seat of the wheelchair. that is what we do every cruise and we take both a fold up wheelchair (for use on shore excursions and trips) and a scooter on every cruise. no problem and you have both at your cabin at the same time and nobody to tip either!:) :)

We cruise the Mariner of the Seas out of Port Canaveral, just got back today in fact, and we had no problem using a luggage tag on my manual chair while I used my power chair to board. It got to the cabin same time as our luggage. It came off the ship just as easily left near the area for bags without tags instead of going on the automated belts.

You can check the manual chair if you want, but I have seen the way they throw the luggage, and we don't want to risk getting the manual chair (or other important equipment) damaged that way. When we travel (there are 3 of us, with my mother the wheelchair user, me and my dad), my mother driver her power chair, my dad takes our carry-on bags in the manual wheelchair (with a bungie cord to keep them from sliding off), and I bring up the rear pulling our travel lift. It works well for us.

We recently cruised on the Rhapsody of the Seas to the Western Caribbean taking both my scooter and wheelchair. We had absolutely NO problem. We checked the wheelchair (tag the chair and both leg rests if they come off) with our luggage and it was delivered to our room with the luggage. I noticed no damage and since we had a handicapped, junior suite, there was plenty of room for all. I used the wheelchair when we went ashore and were tendered or were going on excursions; otherwise I used my scooter. The guides, etc., for the excursions handled the wheelchair loading but there is no accomodation for the scooter. It was great!! :D

Archived