St Thomas & St Johns Excursions

kpytoi9

We are going to be in St Thomas in December and would like to go to St Johns as well. We have about 8 hours for both islands. So my question is what would be the best way to see both islands as well as to spend some time at the beach and shop? Any tips are appreciated

I would go to St. John first so that you end up back on the island from which you depart, just in case you need to cut things short. What you do on each island depends on what you are interested in. There are lots of threads on this board about lots of different activities.

Have fun planning.

We went to St. John as soon as we left the ship. Took a taxi from Crown Bay to Charlotte Amarlie. Then took the 9AM ferry to St. John which took about 35 minutes to get there. Then another taxi to Trunk Bay which was absolutely the best beach I have ever been to. At Trunk Bay they have snorkeling equiptment to rent and also a locker for your things. We hung out till about 12:30 then took the 1:15 ferry back to St. Thomas where we had plenty of time to shop before catching another taxi back to Crown Bay. We spent about 100 dollars for the trip to St. John and back. Was well worth every penny spent. I was hesitant to do this on my own but a cruise critic veteran(Myrna) and her husband convinced us that this was the way to go. Good luck.

Archived