Warning about rci visa

If you use your points for on board credit make sure you bring a copy of the certificate mailed. Call before your cruise and make sure the credit has been made.

I had mailed everything and called and was told by customer service that they could not see the credit until I was on the ship.

When we cruised last week I went to the purser's desk to make sure the credit had been applied. We had a copy of the points certificate with us. It hadn't but they said to check back in a couple of days because they usually do not apply them at the beginning of the cruise. When we checked back at the purser's desk 3 days into our cruise they told us to go to talk with the crown and anchor society desk. When we talked with the C and A desk the women said that she would email headquarters and we had to wait for a response before she could issue the credit.

Finally, on the last full day of our cruise they did receive a response from headquarters that we were intitled to our $150 credit.

This is just too many hoops for me to jump thru. I don't think I'll participate in the program any more.

I redeemed a whole slew of points for a few hundred $$s and a pair of free robes on our last Jewel cruise and had no trouble. What I find odd is that our travel agent was able to confirm that our points were accepted before we left. We too were told that the points don't show up in our onboard account for a couple of days, but they did show up around day 3.

I am not saying you didn't have trouble with yours, I am just letting you know that it CAN go well (although it doesn't always).

With our current points we are saving up for a free 7 day caribbean cruise...

If you use your points for on board credit make sure you bring a copy of the certificate mailed. Call before your cruise and make sure the credit has been made.

I had mailed everything and called and was told by customer service that they could not see the credit until I was on the ship.

When we cruised last week I went to the purser's desk to make sure the credit had been applied. We had a copy of the points certificate with us. It hadn't but they said to check back in a couple of days because they usually do not apply them at the beginning of the cruise. When we checked back at the purser's desk 3 days into our cruise they told us to go to talk with the crown and anchor society desk. When we talked with the C and A desk the women said that she would email headquarters and we had to wait for a response before she could issue the credit.

Finally, on the last full day of our cruise they did receive a response from headquarters that we were intitled to our $150 credit.

This is just too many hoops for me to jump thru. I don't think I'll participate in the program any more.

If you called RCL before the cruise they can see that you have credit coming. You wont see it in your invoice though. It shows up on your account as a credit a couple days into your cruise. Your problem was rare.

Archived