First Timers

Wanderboy

We're booked on 02 Sept 07, Rome to Venice. Would like to join with others for transport Rome to ship. We are staying at Le Suite di Via Ottaviano, two bolcks north of St. Peter's.

Would like to know how dressy to pack. Tux? Evening wear?

Would like to know if there are excursions to avoid. We plan on visiting St Paul de Vance/Grasse @ Monaco; Cinque Terra @ Livorno; and staying aboard ship @ Naples. Any advice on excursions in the Greek isles?

I guess we have dozens of other questions. What do we absolutely need to know?

Also, looking for anyone to share cost of Venice to Marco Polo airport Tuesday, 18 Sept 07, about 9 am, or advice on transport.

Grazie mille.

We're booked on 02 Sept 07, Rome to Venice. Would like to join with others for transport Rome to ship. We are staying at Le Suite di Via Ottaviano, two bolcks north of St. Peter's.

Would like to know how dressy to pack. Tux? Evening wear?

Would like to know if there are excursions to avoid. We plan on visiting St Paul de Vance/Grasse @ Monaco; Cinque Terra @ Livorno; and staying aboard ship @ Naples. Any advice on excursions in the Greek isles?

I guess we have dozens of other questions. What do we absolutely need to know?

Also, looking for anyone to share cost of Venice to Marco Polo airport Tuesday, 18 Sept 07, about 9 am, or advice on transport.

Grazie mille.

We did the same trip on the Grand Princess. We had a great time. As far as tours, we did St Paul at Monaco and would highly recommend it. Our tour included a visit to Nice which was also worth the time.

I looked at pictures of Cinque Terra and it is beautiful. We did Florence and would recommend you consider doing that on your own if you have never been there.

At Naples I would recommend what we did, and that was a visit to Capri on our own. We just walked off the ship, over to the ferry terminal and boarded a jet boat to Capri. We spent the day there on our own.

Santorini would be on your own. Do the donkey ride up (but not down). Athens we did a ship tour the hit the important sites (Parthenon, agora, etc). We also did the day trip to Olympia which I would recommend. And I would certainly make sure you book a tour to Ephesus when in Kusadasi.

I would hope you are doing a post cruise stay in Venice. We stay in Mestre which is very convenient and much less expensive. Easy train ride to and from Mestre, and you do not have to drag luggage through the canals.

Archived