Tremont House--Room with 2 queen beds

robtx100

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the rooms at the Tremont House with 2 queen beds also has a sofa? We're sleeping 4 in the room, so one may want to sleep on the sofa.

We were just there for the weekend and had a king room but I did see inside a 2 queen room and did not see a sofa. It is a nice hotel though.

We really enjoyed our stay.

My DH is a manager there and I just called to ask him about your room question. He said some double rooms have sofas (not sofa beds) and some do not. He said all suites have sofa beds.

Happy cruising!

Mel

Hi Mel,

Please tell your husband that we have stayed at a lot of hotels and we

were REALLY impressed with The Tremont. I could not find anything to

complain about which is unusual for me. :D We stayed over Christmas weekend and have decided to make staying there our Christmas tradition.

Please tell him to keep up the good work.

deb

Hi Mel,

Please tell your husband that we have stayed at a lot of hotels and we

were REALLY impressed with The Tremont. I could not find anything to

complain about which is unusual for me. :D We stayed over Christmas weekend and have decided to make staying there our Christmas tradition.

Please tell him to keep up the good work.

deb

I will pass that along to him . . . thanks!

Texascruzer, your Biancea looks like my Hans. I also have a Heidi, but she's red. They always are sad when they see the suitcases come out because they know they are going to "puppy jail" for a week.

Have a happy New Year.

Texascruzer, your Biancea looks like my Hans. I also have a Heidi, but she's red. They always are sad when they see the suitcases come out because they know they are going to "puppy jail" for a week.

I know what you mean about the suite cases!:D When we do put them in a Kennel, my DH tells Buster he is going to Fat Camp because he is always so skinny when we return. I am always surprised at how many Doxie lover's there are on these threads.

MellowMel,

We're one of the viewees here. Going to be in Galveston next Friday. If we see your husband next week when we check in, we'll tell him what a great wife he has and how well she represents him and the Tremont House on CruiseCritic.:D

• 2 weeks later...
MellowMel,

We're one of the viewees here. Going to be in Galveston next Friday. If we see your husband next week when we check in, we'll tell him what a great wife he has and how well she represents him and the Tremont House on CruiseCritic.:D

Thanks, Karen! Enjoy your stay at the Tremont!

We are looking into finding a hotel for the night of June 16th, before our Rhapsody cruise. Does the Tremont offer free parking for cruise passengers? It sounds like a wonderful place to stay. We have had all the big resorts tell us we have to stay 2 nights, which we do not want to do.

thanks!:)

You have to pay a $10 valet fee for the first night, but you get to park for free while on the cruise at their sister hotel, the Galvez. I think it depends on what time of the year it is if they require a two night minimum. We are going next month, so there is no minimum stay. If it is during spring break or Mardi Gras, or Summer, I think most of the nice hotels require 2 nights.

My DH is a manager there and I just called to ask him about your room question. He said some double rooms have sofas (not sofa beds) and some do not. He said all suites have sofa beds.

Happy cruising!

Mel

Hello, there Mel,

Although my post are low....i have been on here for a while since learning of this site.....I was a guest for a long time, then enrolled to the site....and found it full of wealth of information.

Anyway...I am sailing out on the Conquest on April 1, 2007, by reading the post, i discovered your husband works at the Tremont. This has brought me to some questions about this hotel....i know your husband is a very busy man and i didnt want to bother him concerning questions that you may know....that way he can keep focused with his work.

1. How far is the hotel away from the cruise terminal?

2. The price line thing.....i am not up todate on this new bidding deal, (bid for your hotel), but my question is if i am awarded the hotel, by priceline, would the free parking be included, as well as the free shuttle service, i do how ever understand that a $12 a day valet fee does apply while staying at the hotel.

I appreciate the input if any.....Thanks so much!

Hi KC, I can answer one of your questions, the Tremont only about 1 1/2 blocks from the terminal. They do offer shuttle service. My plan is to drive our luggage to the terminal that morning, then have my group walk to the ship, and I will take the shuttle from Galvez after parking and meet them there. (Cell phones come in handy in this case).

I can't answer all your questions about Priceline, sorry.

Hi KC, I can answer one of your questions, the Tremont only about 1 1/2 blocks from the terminal. They do offer shuttle service. My plan is to drive our luggage to the terminal that morning, then have my group walk to the ship, and I will take the shuttle from Galvez after parking and meet them there. (Cell phones come in handy in this case).

I can't answer all your questions about Priceline, sorry.

that is what we were thinking of doing!

OK, I got bored today and found the night clubs that are within walking distance so that will be fun on Saturday night. Also, found out there is a Starbucks within walking distance. Yumm.

Mel, can you advise on a good seafood place for lunch on Saturday. We're probably going to get to town around 1:30 and checkin isn't until 4pm, so we're going to get some good seafood. All we have in Dallas is frozen. That's what I missed most about living on the coast.

Hello, there Mel,

Although my post are low....i have been on here for a while since learning of this site.....I was a guest for a long time, then enrolled to the site....and found it full of wealth of information.

Anyway...I am sailing out on the Conquest on April 1, 2007, by reading the post, i discovered your husband works at the Tremont. This has brought me to some questions about this hotel....i know your husband is a very busy man and i didnt want to bother him concerning questions that you may know....that way he can keep focused with his work.

1. How far is the hotel away from the cruise terminal?

2. The price line thing.....i am not up todate on this new bidding deal, (bid for your hotel), but my question is if i am awarded the hotel, by priceline, would the free parking be included, as well as the free shuttle service, i do how ever understand that a $12 a day valet fee does apply while staying at the hotel.

I appreciate the input if any.....Thanks so much!

The hotel is very close and The Tremont has a shuttle. You just need to make an appointment time with valet and they will take you and your bags to the cruise terminal. I think they have them leaving every 15 minutes or so by appointment.

I don't know about Priceline stuff. You do have to pay the valet fee while you are there but I don't think you have to pay for your car at the hotel while you are on the cruise; but I'm not 100 percent on that. You could call the hotel directly and ask - 409-763-0300.

OK, I got bored today and found the night clubs that are within walking distance so that will be fun on Saturday night. Also, found out there is a Starbucks within walking distance. Yumm.

Mel, can you advise on a good seafood place for lunch on Saturday. We're probably going to get to town around 1:30 and checkin isn't until 4pm, so we're going to get some good seafood. All we have in Dallas is frozen. That's what I missed most about living on the coast.

Rob, are you limited to walking distance? Fisherman's Wharf is good and you can walk there. Get the Shimp Kisses for an appetizer. Yum! My all-time favorite restaurant in Galveston is Rudy & Paco's. But I don't think they open until 5 p.m. or so on Saturdays. It's pricey but so delicious and it would be a great start to a fantastic cruise vacation. You could always do some shopping on the Strand - check out my friend's shop called the Funky Monkey, visit some museums and then have an early dinner at Rudy and Paco's. You'd want to make a reservation though.

Rob, are you limited to walking distance? Fisherman's Wharf is good and you can walk there. Get the Shimp Kisses for an appetizer. Yum! My all-time favorite restaurant in Galveston is Rudy & Paco's. But I don't think they open until 5 p.m. or so on Saturdays. It's pricey but so delicious and it would be a great start to a fantastic cruise vacation. You could always do some shopping on the Strand - check out my friend's shop called the Funky Monkey, visit some museums and then have an early dinner at Rudy and Paco's. You'd want to make a reservation though.

Thanks so much for the info. Please thank your husband again for his help. I received an email from him last week and we really appreciate the info he gave us as well. We will have my car, so not limited. We will try your suggestion for the evening. We should be able to wait until then to eat. I showed Jennifer the hotel's website last night and she is very excited.

Thanks so much for the info. Please thank your husband again for his help. I received an email from him last week and we really appreciate the info he gave us as well. We will have my car, so not limited. We will try your suggestion for the evening. We should be able to wait until then to eat. I showed Jennifer the hotel's website last night and she is very excited.

Three more days! I wish I was going to Rudy & Paco's this weekend! I looked up the restaurant on line and it said they open at 5:30 p.m. for dinner. Go ahead and make a reservation. I'm not sure what's going on at the Grand Opera House this weekend but lots of theater goers like to eat here. You can walk here from the Tremont. Enjoy your stay in Galveston and of course, the cruise!

Thanks again for everything. I will call this evening and see if we can get reservations, if not, your husband recommended Fisherman's warf, so we can always go there. We are all really excited. We also have some friends from Baton Rouge who are cruising and staying at the hotel, in a separate room, of course. Out of 8, it is 5's first cruise. Mike's gf found out Friday that she is going and she has already packed and dropped her suitcases off at my house so we can leave at 8am Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Our stay at the Tremont was wonderful. We had 8 people in 2 different rooms. The service was excellent. It was very convenient to restaurants, clubs, and the pier. I have some photos posted in the link in my signature. I highly recommend the Tremont House to anyone sailing out of Galveston.

Archived