Websites Pics...Propaganda???

sansan

wow, sansan--

i see you've received the royal welcome to CC :) . you'll probably come to realize that, as helpful as these boards are, you often have to read between the lines of needless arguments, people obsessed with post counts, and flirtations in order to get to the helpful information! ahhhh, the things we must do to keep ourselves entertained while waiting for our cruise dates to come... :rolleyes:

my advice? between the websites or reviews, go with the reviews. i'm going in february too (triumph) and am considering where to go. i've used the websites, reviews, and pictures to decide... and I still have NO DECISION!!!

personally i think that first hand knowledge speaks volumes more than a well-angled picture. (having worked in the industry, i know how they can spruce up the scariest of places when it comes to pictures!!!) by the same token, i believe that more experienced (or obsessed :D ) posters on here will be able to share with you helpful information that they've already read-- without necessarily having been there themselves, yet.

i don't know what the big fuss is over-- so, to avoid the fuss and answer your question-- keep coming to CC and keep asking questions! there are so many people here to help!!!

Ah come on, what's wrong with a little flirting??? I gave good advice too....I even said sansan could email me separately if there were specific questions they had.

I have also been to Passion Island and Mr. Sanchos too, so if you have any questions I will be happy to answer on those as well :)

"Paradise Beach and San Francisco have nicer entry,...but not shore snorkeling..."

That will pretty much always be the case. Shore snorkeling is best where the shore is rocky and the water fairly deep at the shore. Sandy gradual sloping beaches provide a great "beach" experience, but don't lend themselves to good snorkeling.

hey, no complaints from me!!! :)

sansan-- any decisions??? i still don't know where to go...

Well, if you tell me kinda what you are looking for and who you are traveling with maybe I can suggest a place for you......let me know. I have been to three different places in Cozumel and have heard from friends about some others. Has SanSan been back??

Hi Susan.

Just wanted to mention that you might get more accurate advice if you mentionwhat you're looking for in a beach.

For me . . . Paradise Beach WAS "Paradise":-)

As soon as I came off my ship, I hopped into a taxi & went to PB. I was the FIRST person there! The staff was still raking the sand making sure it would be "picture perfect" for when their guests when they started to arrive.

One of the staff guys told me I had my choice of any chise lounge chair I would like.

I almost felt "guilty" about putting my footprints into the perfectly smooth sand, but chose a chair in the very front row right at the waters edge.

Once I got situated, a waiter came over and asked if I would like something to drink, or to see a menu. I ordered one of their infamous Pina'Coladas, made with Bicardi rum, served in a pineapple shell, garnished with fresh fruit, which the waiter brought back out to me within just a few minutes, and set on the small table next to my chair It was DELICIOUS!! (Who cares if it's only 10:00am. I'm on vacation!!)

I relaxed on the beach for 1-2 hours. , just soaking up the sun, while listening to the waves gently come ashore & sipping my pina colada.

Then I decided it was time for one of their beach massages I had heard so many good things about.

I spotted the massage beds, and went there to ask what time I'd be able to get a full-body 1 hour massage. She said "I can do you right now". Before I knew it, I was laid out on the bed face down getting one of the BEST massages I've ever had! (I'm sure the fact that I was having my massage in the great outdoors where I could still hear the waves coming ashore had "something" to do with it)but this girl REALLY knew how to give a GOOD massage!

After my massage I was SO relaxed, I decided to take short nap in one of the hammocks (also located on the beach (further back from the water). ahhhhh, now I KNEW I was in Paradise!!

After my nap, I climbed the stairs up to the Terrace Restaurant where I had a terrific Mexican lunch (overlooking the beach).

So as you can see . . . everyones opinion is just that. an opinion. But when I can tell you my exact experience, I hope that it will help you be able to make an informed decision on how to spend your day in Cozumel.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you enjoy.

Annie

IMO, PB has something for everyone. Awesome drinks for the adults, water toys for the youngsters (& adults), loungechairs & great food for evryone!

If you do a google search for "Paradise Beach in Cozumel" you'll find their website. It really is just as it appears on their site.

I hope this review will heklp you make your decision.

Wherever you decide to go . . .

Enjoy!

Annie

Sounds to good to be true, souds like heaven !

I have a question for those of you who have been to PB. We were all set to go there on our upcoming cruise, but a friend of mine was just there and wasn't all that impressed. First off it was windy so they took down the water tramp and the rock climbing iceberg. Can't help the weather.... But she also said that it was very rocky. Is that the case? Or is there one part of the beach that is rocky and another that is not? Also, the loungers were right on top of each other all in a row and it looked very crowded from her pictures. She was there the week before Thanksgiving. Anyone who can shed some light on the rocky bottom? Is there any beach that would be good for kids that is less rocky? Thanks for your help

CMVAC....We were there the week after Thanksgiving and it was empty. There's room for a lot of folks, so I wouldn't worry about it. The beach has a rocky area and also a sandy area to enter the water...at the sandy side of the beach the kids were building sand castles etc, but not to many kids. :)

Hope this helps...

I have a question for those of you who have been to PB. We were all set to go there on our upcoming cruise, but a friend of mine was just there and wasn't all that impressed. First off it was windy so they took down the water tramp and the rock climbing iceberg. Can't help the weather.... But she also said that it was very rocky. Is that the case? Or is there one part of the beach that is rocky and another that is not? Also, the loungers were right on top of each other all in a row and it looked very crowded from her pictures. She was there the week before Thanksgiving. Anyone who can shed some light on the rocky bottom? Is there any beach that would be good for kids that is less rocky? Thanks for your help

The two times we have been it has not been crowded at all and we went the week of Thanksgiving 2005 and May 2006 just as most schools had let out. My advice is to get off the boat and go straight there, then you have your choice of where you want to put your stuff down.

I can't really answer your questions about the rocks, I only remember the smooth sand. I have never actually been in the water there, Cozumel is usually our last port stop and I go so the kids can play and I can recover :)

Thanks for your help. She must have been on the rocky side of the beach. We will look for the smooth side. Also, glad to hear it wasn't crowded Thanksgiving week as we will be there on Easter week and I was little nervous about that.

Thanks for your help. She must have been on the rocky side of the beach. We will look for the smooth side. Also, glad to hear it wasn't crowded Thanksgiving week as we will be there on Easter week and I was little nervous about that.

Well, my kids always go in the water and have never complained of rocks. They are older (14 and 12) and quite vocal and I am sure they would have said something. I guess it depends what part of the beach you are on :)

Nope, it was very nice but as I said I get off the boat and go straight there. PB did have a lot of people that day (Thanksgiving), but it never felt crowded and with all the activities you hardly even notice the kids. I was able to relax with no problems both times.

Well, my kids always go in the water and have never complained of rocks. They are older (14 and 12) and quite vocal and I am sure they would have said something. I guess it depends what part of the beach you are on :)

Nope, it was very nice but as I said I get off the boat and go straight there. PB did have a lot of people that day (Thanksgiving), but it never felt crowded and with all the activities you hardly even notice the kids. I was able to relax with no problems both times.

Hi! We haven't been to Paradise Beach yet but are planning to go there later this month so I've done a ton of research. It's recommended that you enter the water right in front of the ice berg to avoid any rocks.

I can't wait to check the place out myself and our cruise is finally nearly here! It sounds like an amazing place to relax and spend the day!

kerry--

we're going to be in cozumel on february 5. can't wait :)

here's the thing: we're spending (i think) ten hours in cozumel, and we don't have any "excursions" planned. it'll be our first port stop so i am content to hunker down with "the sun, the sand and a drink in my hand"... ha... just not sure WHERE!

i like the idea of paradise beach. i also like the idea of playa uvas and being close to chakanaab (is that true?)... I don't really mind kids around or rocks, as long as I can sit and relax.

part of me is like, "why not do both?" but i see that adding up to a LOT of money spent on food & drinks. by the same token, if i do one of those inclusive deals, i could see myself drinking into oblivion and missing the ship :o

so... decisions, decisions...

kerry--

here's the thing: we're spending (i think) ten hours in cozumel, and we don't have any "excursions" planned. it'll be our first port stop so i am content to hunker down with "the sun, the sand and a drink in my hand"... ha... just not sure WHERE!

i like the idea of paradise beach. i also like the idea of playa uvas and being close to chakanaab (is that true?)... I don't really mind kids around or rocks, as long as I can sit and relax.

part of me is like, "why not do both?" but i see that adding up to a LOT of money spent on food & drinks. by the same token, if i do one of those inclusive deals, i could see myself drinking into oblivion and missing the ship :o

Oh, lucky you....I wish my trip was that close!! I hate the cold time of year (not that San Antonio gets THAT cold) but I would much rather be someplace tropical!!

I don't know anything about Playa Uvas, hopefully someone will stumble on to this thread and help you out. Personally I would pick one place and stick it out, unless you want to leave the beach a little early to get in some shopping downtown. I don't cruise to shop, I go to relax so that is not usually a priority for me. I pretty much have the same routine....go to the beach, do absolutely nothing w/ a dark beer in my hand w/ some chips and guacamole to snack on, catch a taxi back to the area by the ship, go by Fat Tuesdays to grab a margarita to hold while I wait in the ship line and jump back on. Boring, but being a single mom at home I have enough excitement in my life.

Passion Island has all inclusive drinks (Corona/Rum punch) and you get a buffet lunch. If you aren't taking kids you might like this better, although you have to catch a bus and boat to the private island. There is usually someone that drinks too much and we all have to wait while they puke in the bushes :) Can't say enough about Paradise for the kiddos though, great combo and everyone is happy!

kerry--

Uvas and chakanaab are within a mile of each other, Uvas does offer a AI ($50/person) or pay as you go, although they charge a $7 dollar fee (if you don't elect to do the AI) to get in. The beach does not look clean in the photos I have seen. (I have never been to Uvas). Hope this helps.

You guys were lucky that you were able to visit PB when it was not crowded. I went in Aug 05 and it was wall-to-wall chairs with only a few open seats available near the pier. Unfortunately, we hadn't been warned about the rocks on the left side of the beach. Since there had been storms in the previous 2-3 months you couldn't see the rocks. Ouch! By the time we realized that the sandy entrance was 100ft away in front of the iceberg we were too PO'ed to really enjoy the rest of the day. Plus, the chairs we had were near the satellite bar which that day was blaring hip-hop/rap music. There was also a lively group of folks loudly participating in various drinking games. I was also greatly disappointed in the quality of their chips/salsa (it was not at all comparable to the stuff I've had on the mainland).

I know my review of PB is overly harsh. That day was hot; it was too crowded for my wife; I stubbed my toe (3 times!); the kids were whining; and the chips s*cked. On another day I would probably would have enjoyed it. Your expectations play a huge part in any experience you have. I had read so many positive reviews about PB (and only a few negative ones) that I set my expectations too high. We are more into uncrowded beaches - so why did we go to a beach club you ask? Good question - we didn't know any better.

You guys were lucky that you were able to visit PB when it was not crowded. I went in Aug 05 and it was wall-to-wall chairs with only a few open seats available near the pier. Unfortunately, we hadn't been warned about the rocks on the left side of the beach. Since there had been storms in the previous 2-3 months you couldn't see the rocks. Ouch! By the time we realized that the sandy entrance was 100ft away in front of the iceberg we were too PO'ed to really enjoy the rest of the day. Plus, the chairs we had were near the satellite bar which that day was blaring hip-hop/rap music. There was also a lively group of folks loudly participating in various drinking games. I was also greatly disappointed in the quality of their chips/salsa (it was not at all comparable to the stuff I've had on the mainland).

I know my review of PB is overly harsh. That day was hot; it was too crowded for my wife; I stubbed my toe (3 times!); the kids were whining; and the chips s*cked. On another day I would probably would have enjoyed it. Your expectations play a huge part in any experience you have. I had read so many positive reviews about PB (and only a few negative ones) that I set my expectations too high. We are more into uncrowded beaches - so why did we go to a beach club you ask? Good question - we didn't know any better.

Sorry you had a bad day...

The salsa is not an american recipe, it is different but most enjoy it.

I'm sure it can get crowded at times it is the best beach club in coz.

Sorry you had a bad day...

The salsa is not an american recipe, it is different but most enjoy it.

so true... after having "real" mexican salsa, american salsa tastes like tomato sludge to me :D

but i can imagine being shocked if was expecting the salsa we're used to!!!

so true... after having "real" mexican salsa, american salsa tastes like tomato sludge to me :D

but i can imagine being shocked if was expecting the salsa we're used to!!!

When I said the chips were not like the ones on the mainland I meant mainland Mexico. It may have been a bad day for the chips - the guacamole looked like green cheeze whiz.

okay you made me wonder: is the food safe in cozumel? at either beach? i know this is off-topic of the thread but i'm just wondering...

Yes the food is safe to eat, tourism is Cozumels main source of income, and they wouldn't want to make there guests sick. :)

Archived