I thought they were talking about china!

ocngypz

What is the world coming too?

A china factory providing tea???

What do they know about a first flush assam??

What a world!!!!!!

And it better be LOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cunard introduces Wedgwood tea service

14/12/2006

Cunard Line introduced Wedgwood tea service aboard Queen Mary 2 and Queen Elizabeth 2. The selection of 23 teas includes traditional varieties and new flavors developed by Wedgwood for Cunard.

A new tea menu describes the flavors and origins of each variety and traces tea’s history in various countries.

Wedgwood tea service is available aboard Queen Mary 2 daily in the Queens Grill Lounge with finger sandwiches, pastries and scones. The teas are also poured in the Queens Grill and Princess Grill accommodations and restaurants, the Grills Concierge Lounge and in other cocktail lounges on request.

Service will be available in the ship’s new Britannia Club restaurant, debuting in the spring (more information on that in early 2007).

Aboard QE2, the teas are poured in Queens, Princess and Britannia Grill accommodations and restaurants, in the Queens Grill Lounge and, on request, in cocktail lounges.

I thought the same thing, to be honest.

I wonder if the teas are actually processed by Wedgwood or if they are just putting their name on it?

It certainly seems odd to me. If they want a "traditional British name", they should have chosen a tea company, not a china company!

But yes, loose tea would be nice. Teabags... Not good

On the QE2 , so I guess, come Tea time in the Queen's room we'll just have to ask......

Peter, Sydney

When we were on the QM2 a couple of weeks back, we went to tea in the Queens Grill Lounge. The menu was Wedgwood Tea. I was a little surprised, because I didn't know that they made tea. Tea was poured from a tea pot, but I don't know if it was made from loose or bags. I'm not so crazy about tea, anyway, but I had to try it. They came aound with sandwiches and scones.

I can't remember the teas in the buffet or the Concierge Lounge. I did have some every so often. There was a large tea chest with bags of different varieties. I don't remember the brand, but I don't believe it was Wedgwood.

The china was lovely, and probably for sale in the gift shop!

--Judy

Now you're letting yourself down ;)

Knowing is one thing. Owning up to it another! :D

I love that show:) (not JG though). One thing that will help my withdrawal symptoms next month is that C BB starts the day after we get back:)

As in Grill or Tips?

(very British joke!)

Peter

Or Tags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure hope Cunard have not started making tea from loose leaves. Years ago leaves dumped down the drains used to block the pipes.... caused lots of problems on the old QUEEN MARY and QUEEN ELIZABETH. They only way they got around it was to start using bags.

Stephen

Or Tags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure hope Cunard have not started making tea from loose leaves. Years ago leaves dumped down the drains used to block the pipes.... caused lots of problems on the old QUEEN MARY and QUEEN ELIZABETH. They only way they got around it was to start using bags.

Stephen

So don't dump them down the drain! Chuck 'em off the stern! ;)

Or don't dump them down the drains! Instead, dump them in with other food waste that's too big to dump down drains.

e.g. If my dinner portion is too big and I don't eat all of it (fat chance ;) !) I'm pretty sure they don't dump it down the drains.

Solid waste usually gets ground up and/or incinerated, doesn't it? In that case I don't see why tea leaves couldn't work the same way.

In the old days it would have been different of course, but today with all the waste processing equipment that's on board, I can't imagine they wouldn't be able to do something about it.

By the way, Crystal and Seabourn use loose tea leaves - and maybe others, too, but those two make a point of it. (I know this because I am in the process of writing an article about afternoon tea. The new Wedgwood stuff will be included, of course...)

Marketing rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23 different types of tea? Another case of more being less? Most modern sales departments like numbers, 23 is of course better than 1.

Just give us one type of decent tea, that is all we ask......use BOILING water to make it that doesn't have the flavour of chlorine in it.

Possibly Wedgwood have a special tasting and development department that can produce great tea from warm water and chlorine. This is probably by companies like Brodies or even twinings were probably not used. Wedgewood will have developed this while making china.

Already on board there is quite a wide choice of fruit teas in this choice as well as green tea, Earl Grey, Breakfast and Darjeeling. This must get them quite close to 23 already. As I say, another marketing gimmick.

Already on board there is quite a wide choice of fruit teas in this choice as well as green tea, Earl Grey, Breakfast and Darjeeling. This must get them quite close to 23 already. As I say, another marketing gimmick.

Quite possibly. But let's give them the benefit of the doubt until we've tried it.

Matthew

You can boil the water, but PLEASE let the temperature drop to 180F. Otherwise you cook the leaves.

Crystal and Seabourn's tea... blech. Tastes like the leavings swept up from the shop floor.

There are more blends of tea out there than one realizes. My favorite is St James Fanning from (dare I say) Harrod's. 1/2 tsp is enough for my 1-1/4 quart teapot. 3 minutes and I have a good strong pot of tea. The leaves are very fine and often escape my most fine tea strainer. When done, paper toweling does the trick to wipe the residue out of the pot.

You can boil the water, but PLEASE let the temperature drop to 180F. Otherwise you cook the leaves.

Mash tea when the water's only 82C? Blech:D

My favorite is St James Fanning from (dare I say) Harrod's. 1/2 tsp is enough for my 1-1/4 quart teapot. 3 minutes and I have a good strong pot of tea.

I must admit that I like Tesco's own brand. two heaped teaspoons in a mug and left to mash for at least five, if not ten, minutes. Served with half a teaspoon of milt that really gets you going in the morning:)

One thing I hate about the QE2 is that it takes me a week to train the restaurant staff to mash tea to my liking. If I have tea elsewhere I don't stand a chance of getting it anything like strong enough.

Crystal and Seabourn's tea... blech. Tastes like the leavings swept up from the shop floor.

Seabourn just came out with new tea this month.

I have no idea what it tastes like, but it certainly sounds fancy! They issued a whole long press release about it.

Apparently it is brought out in glass vials inside a leather chest and you can sniff the different varieties before choosing one.

Then it is brewed for you in a pre-heated pot.

Or don't dump them down the drains! Instead, dump them in with other food waste that's too big to dump down drains.

e.g. If my dinner portion is too big and I don't eat all of it (fat chance ;) !) I'm pretty sure they don't dump it down the drains.

Solid waste usually gets ground up and/or incinerated, doesn't it? In that case I don't see why tea leaves couldn't work the same way.

quote]

Doug,

On the old MARY & ELIZABETH the problem was not in the main galley where there were proper facilities to get rid of solid waste such as tea leaves and large uneaten dinner portions. The problem was in the service pantries up in the passenger areas. The stewards would make up tea trays for the cabins and then later dump the loose leaves down the small drains when they washed up. Probably the same problem would exist today in QE2 pantries if they used loose leaves.

Stephen

Archived