Princess review Dec 3-10 from a mostly NCL cruiser, with kids...

We did a NCL Spirit cruise last year and just did the Diamond Princess cruise this Nov.

I thought Princess was much better then Spirit in the food and service. The free food on the Spirit was not nearly as good as the Diamond's but the dinners we had on The Spirit (Le Bristo and Shoguns) were better then the dinner we paid for at Sterlings. Raffles Buffet was dreadful.

That said we HAD TO eat at the surcharge restaurants on the Spirit to get a decent meal! We loved all the four Diamond's no charge restaurants and their buffet and the service was incredible.

The Diamond was much cleaner then the Spirit and the Teen Program was so much better organized. The Spirit's teen centre staff didn't even show up 1/3 of the time :(

You couldn't pay me to go on another NCL cruise.....Well maybe...a below average cruise is still a cruise....;)

Loved your review through

the4ofus.....Thanks for the tip...but the reason we picked "Anytime dining" is self explanatory to me. We won't know from day to day when or where we want to eat. Naturally we'll make reservations for Sabatino's as soon as we board...but other than that we're planning on winging it. Our group is not largeand we're all adults. I'm not worried about securing a table...that really shouldn't be a problem. In addition, we have an aft Vista Suite so that if we chose to we can order lunch or dinner to be brought to our room/balcony. It will all depend on the mood of the day. Again, we are so excited about this cruise....can't wait to go.

Happy cruising!

Archived