Live From the Star

familyplanner

We are just pulling into the port of LA. We had a wonderful time and loved our cruise on the Star. I will be posting a more detailed review when I get home, so if you have questions ask away and I will try to answer them.:D

Glad you loved your cruise...We will be boarding next Sunday 12/24 for the Holiday cruise. What are the first things that should be taken care of upon boarding? Any insight would be greatly appreciated...THX

Family Planner:

Did the lifeboat drill begin at 3:30 PM on embarkation day?

Do you know if the Star Bar opened at 4:00 PM that day or earlier? The reason I ask is that a group of us are planning to meet at the Star Bar after the drill but an old Freestyle Daily that I happened to find says that the Star Bar doesn't open until 4:00 PM. I know that the drill doesn't take 30 minutes so I have to figure out where else would be a good meeting place. One of our group uses a scooter so the Bier Garten is out.

Thanks for your help.

Kathy

Family Planner:

Did the lifeboat drill begin at 3:30 PM on embarkation day?

Do you know if the Star Bar opened at 4:00 PM that day or earlier? The reason I ask is that a group of us are planning to meet at the Star Bar after the drill but an old Freestyle Daily that I happened to find says that the Star Bar doesn't open until 4:00 PM. I know that the drill doesn't take 30 minutes so I have to figure out where else would be a good meeting place. One of our group uses a scooter so the Bier Garten is out.

Thanks for your help.

Kathy

when we were on the star11/22 the drill was at 430p....

Our only regret was the we didn't make reservations at the specialty restraunts. We loved the Versaille resteraunt, but on the last night when we saw the menu we tried to go elsewhere and everywhere was booked. The reason we didn't is because we could only find the menu's posted each day and not for the whole week. I haven't looked yet, but I believe the menu's that someone posted for the dawn are very similar if not identical to the star. Enjoy your holiday cruise and be glad you will be at sea on Christmas. In Acapulco we were talking to our cab driver and asked if he worked on Christmas and he said that on holidays they charge double for everything!:eek:

We just came back from the Star's 12/8 cruise. Spent quite a bit of our time in the Star bar as it's one of the few places that's non-smoking. Jana Sealle performs there each evening and she is not to be missed - you can also see her at Gatsby's. I believe that the Star Bar opens at 4pm the first day. Muster was at 3:30 for us but by the time you do muster and then put your life vest back in your room and make you way up to Star Bar is almost 4pm anyway.

I'm not sure how they worked in the extra day. We ate mostly at the specialty restaurants. Only had dinner in the main restaurant once. We wanted to try all the specialty restraurants we hadn't tried in June. Never had a problem getting a reservation on the same day because we stayed flexible with the times.

Your right there was another menu, but I can't remember what was on it. The last day was day 7 on the menu and the first day was day 1 on the menu, so I am forgetting something in between. We ate in the main dining rooms everynight except for one night we went to endless summer. If you eat there beware the appetizers and salads are huge. :D

Archived