Please help me convince my friend to go on the Carnival Miracle

Sandi149

I've been on both lines, had an equally good time on both and would cruise either of them again. As far as the Miracle, it was the size I like. Not too big, not too small. If there were drunks aboard, I didn't notice them. People having a great time? Yes!!

but, you already made your position clear ... so it's no big surprise to me that you agree:rolleyes:[/quote

Made what point clear? I have cruised both lines, have you? I just simply pointed something out.

Photos speak for themselves.

Carnival Miracle dining room.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1114765625046975568SQuHUh

Jewel of the Seas which is a ship about the same size.

http://cruisingator.smugmug.com/gallery/2226870/1/116175038

the point you seemed to make clear from your post was that you would not cruise carnival again, except on miracle. i took that to mean that you aren't thrilled w/ them either.

the point you seemed to make clear from your post was that you would not cruise carnival again, except on miracle. i took that to mean that you aren't thrilled w/ them either.

I do not like the Destiny/Conquest at all and would only do a short cruise on the Fantasy class. I do like the Spirit class ships.

Hi again, Sandi. Sounds as if your friend has pretty much made her decision and you may as well just quit asking her.:rolleyes: It's their loss. (Hurricanes are very rare in June, but they have occurred.) I truly think that at this point, you should let it go - because I think they would pick and pick on every tiny thing that they found wrong on the cruise. You really don't need to have your cruise messed up because of them.

SO - Go and enjoy your DH and your Carnival cruise. Then show them the great photos of your fantastic voyage!!:D

Hi again folks,

Actually my friend is now really considering going. She spoke with her husband and she said he is thinking about it but is wondering what there is to do on so many sea days. They like to be kept busy. My husband and I are happy just sitting around the pool doing nothing.

I know there are Carnival Capers for the Miracle but those Capers are not for the itinerary out of NY. Should I show them a copy of the Capers for the Legend out of NY?

She wants us to check the availability and the price for them. I guess that's a very good sign!!!! :D:D

Hi Sandi,

We have friends that feel the same as your friends. I have told them, like the other posts have stated, that we haven't seen the drink till you drop mentality on either of our two Carnival Cruises. Carnival does has had activities on the Lido deck until 1 am on both cruises. Carnival Team challenge on the Glory and the Wacky Tourist contest on the Triumph, people having fun but not getting wasted. If they enjoy cruising, Carnival seems to be more cost effective. I hear that RCCL nickles and dimes you with things that are covered on Carnival. I have been on NCL before and prefer Carnival. Each cruise that I have booked, I have checked RCCL and Princess and have chosen Carnival because of price. The quality of the cabins, food, entertainment and staff are superb, therefore, imo, it comes down to cost and Carnival has won out each of the last three cruises. Hope this helps.

Merry Christmas,

Hi Sandi,

We have friends that feel the same as your friends. I have told them, like the other posts have stated, that we haven't seen the drink till you drop mentality on either of our two Carnival Cruises. Carnival does has had activities on the Lido deck until 1 am on both cruises. Carnival Team challenge on the Glory and the Wacky Tourist contest on the Triumph, people having fun but not getting wasted. If they enjoy cruising, Carnival seems to be more cost effective. I hear that RCCL nickles and dimes you with things that are covered on Carnival. I have been on NCL before and prefer Carnival. Each cruise that I have booked, I have checked RCCL and Princess and have chosen Carnival because of price. The quality of the cabins, food, entertainment and staff are superb, therefore, imo, it comes down to cost and Carnival has won out each of the last three cruises. Hope this helps.

Merry Christmas,

I too have checked the prices on RCCL and Princess for the same itinerary and the same balcony cabin category and RC wanted almost 2000 more and Princess 1000 more. I cannot see spending that much more for basically the same thing. One day though I would like to try those lines but for right now Carnival suits us just fine. :D I think people should try something at least once and then if they don't like it, then ok don't go back. I like to make my own opinion about something and don't usually go by "what I hear".

As long as I don't have to cook, clean, make the bed or go to work then I am a VERY happy camper. :D

Hi again folks,

Actually my friend is now really considering going. She spoke with her husband and she said he is thinking about it but is wondering what there is to do on so many sea days. They like to be kept busy. My husband and I are happy just sitting around the pool doing nothing.

I know there are Carnival Capers for the Miracle but those Capers are not for the itinerary out of NY. Should I show them a copy of the Capers for the Legend out of NY?

She wants us to check the availability and the price for them. I guess that's a very good sign!!!! :D:D

We just got off the Miracle 11 days or so ago and there were fun trivia and games to do (not involving hairy chests or bellyflopping) and my family loves trivia. The games start and end quickly tho so be prompt for activities. I wish they had more shows and things but maybe with more at sea days they will. Laura is one of the asst. cruise directors I think (or staff) and she had such energy.

Colleen

My two cents. Give them the facts and let them make the decision. I would not keep trying to talk them into it if they are that reluctant to go. If they get on board and don't like it then you may have a loooooong week with unhappy friends. I do like the Spirit class and that is the only class of ships that I would cruise again on Carnival.

I agree with this approach 100%. Tell them the facts and let the chips fall where they may. I used to try to talk people into it but it was very frustrating. All kinds of excuses. I'll get seasick. I'll get bored. My kids will be bored. etc etc etc.

Now I invite people and give them the details. If they come great,if not I'm not losing sleep over it.:)

Bill

I agree with this approach 100%. Tell them the facts and let the chips fall where they may. I used to try to talk people into it but it was very frustrating. All kinds of excuses. I'll get seasick. I'll get bored. My kids will be bored. etc etc etc.

Now I invite people and give them the details. If they come great,if not I'm not losing sleep over it.:)

Bill

That's what I'm doing. I told her all about it and said if she has any questions, I would be glad to answer them. I am leaving the ball in their court. It is totally up to them now. Of course, I'm hoping they go but if they don't, my husband and I will have a great time anyway. :D

Archived