Please help me convince my friend to go on the Carnival Miracle

Sandi149

Hi folks,

I am trying to convince my friend and her husband to go on the Miracle with us June 4th. They have only been on 1 Royal Caribbean cruise and are going again next week. They seem to be very loyal to Royal. I think she has heard the rumors about Carnival being "total party ships" with obnoxious drunk passengers. She is also afraid that June 4th might have hurricanes. I told her that even though it is technically the start of hurricane season, most of them happen between Aug. and Oct.

So how can I convince them to go with us? Anyone who has been on RC and then Carnival, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks. :D

I haven't been on RCI, but I have been on the Miracle and loved it! The Miracle does have the reputation of being a "quieter" ship in terms of nightlife. We found that to be true in March 2006, and we sailed during Spring Break. Not sure if that will change at all once the Miracle changes ports to sail out of NY instead of Tampa, where we sailed from. I don't think so, though. It seems to be the layout of the Spirit Class ships, where the bars and clubs are more spread out and not concentrated in one area.

I think your friends would like the Miracle. It is a great ship! Good luck. :)

The Miracle was my best cruises ever. I booked the Miracle for next Christrmas /New Years 9 day cruise. The last time I was on that ship it was very clean, good crew, good food good ports. I would vote that ship one of carnivals top 5 ships.

I haven't been on RCI, but I have been on the Miracle and loved it! The Miracle does have the reputation of being a "quieter" ship in terms of nightlife. We found that to be true in March 2006, and we sailed during Spring Break. Not sure if that will change at all once the Miracle changes ports to sail out of NY instead of Tampa, where we sailed from. I don't think so, though. It seems to be the layout of the Spirit Class ships, where the bars and clubs are more spread out and not concentrated in one area.

I think your friends would like the Miracle. It is a great ship! Good luck. :)

I know they would have a great time with us, I just hope that if they go, they don't start comparing Royal to Carnival.

Thanks. :)

Good luck in convincing your friends. They probably have the OLD mindset about Carnival being the party hardy cruiseline - which image has long ago changed. Wonder why so many families cruise Carnival these days? Family-oriented cruises, not drunks laying on decks.:rolleyes:

I've cruised RCCL twice, Princess once, and Carnival many times. Although I have enjoyed all my cruises, I MUCH prefer Carnival for many reasons...

Statistics show the cabins are the largest in the industry.

Food, IMO, far exceeds that of the other lines...and I'm a retired F&B director, caterer, and chef. To me, Carnival's cuisine is better in presentation as well as preparation.

Carnival has "Tea Time" on sea day afternoons...similiar to 'High Tea', with white-gloved silver service, great variety of teas, scones w/lemon curd, petit fours, tea sandwiches, etc. Lovely way to spend a little time with quiet background music. RCCL doesn't offer this.

Carnival has complimentary espresso and cappuccino with each meal in the dining room. I had to pay for these on RCCL.

I think the staff, crew, entertainment - all about the same on either line.

It's a shame folks don't TRY a line for themselves before putting it down. I think they would enjoy Carnival just as much as they do RCCL.:)

After 15 Carnival cruises, I've yet to see a party boat atmosphere (maybe I was too drunk to notice :eek: ).

But one thing I'll tell you. While RCCL is a nice cruiseline, a Carnival cruise is a cruise with an experience. One of only two lines I've felt that experience (the other being Disney).

They are the fun ships. Not the party ships.

Good luck in convincing your friends. They probably have the OLD mindset about Carnival being the party hardy cruiseline - which image has long ago changed. Wonder why so many families cruise Carnival these days? Family-oriented cruises, not drunks laying on decks.:rolleyes:

I've cruised RCCL twice, Princess once, and Carnival many times. Although I have enjoyed all my cruises, I MUCH prefer Carnival for many reasons...

Statistics show the cabins are the largest in the industry.

Food, IMO, far exceeds that of the other lines...and I'm a retired F&B director, caterer, and chef. To me, Carnival's cuisine is better in presentation as well as preparation.

Carnival has "Tea Time" on sea day afternoons...similiar to 'High Tea', with white-gloved silver service, great variety of teas, scones w/lemon curd, petit fours, tea sandwiches, etc. Lovely way to spend a little time with quiet background music. RCCL doesn't offer this.

Carnival has complimentary espresso and cappuccino with each meal in the dining room. I had to pay for these on RCCL.

I think the staff, crew, entertainment - all about the same on either line.

It's a shame folks don't TRY a line for themselves before putting it down. I think they would enjoy Carnival just as much as they do RCCL.:)

Hi Cotton,

I agree, it's a shame that people don't at least try a line. I think they do have they old mindset, unfortunately. And it's not like they are even very experienced cruisers. They have only been on 1 cruise and are going on their 2nd next week. I have only been on 2 short CTN, one of them being on Carnival and the worst part of the cruise was that it was so short. I could have definitely stayed on for another 7 days. That's why we booked the 8 day in June.

Thanks. :D

Being on RC before Carnival which we were on Carnival Liberty this past March I can say, My DH and I much prefer Carnival over RC. IF it helps my DH is 50 and I am 48. We loved Carnival. We were schedule for Carnival this Feb. and only switched to RC because the Destiny dropped Aruba. We are scheduled for the Miracle in March of 08 and I can't wait!! Only read great things about her. My DH wanted to go to Costa Rica and Panama and I told him in March of 08 the Miracle is going there, he said book it....no hesitation. Food, cabins much better on Carnival. I hope you can convince them, they will love it. Never saw any roudy parties but we enjoyed the lounges, bars more on Carnival also. We went to a different one for a drink every night before supper.!! That was fun to go to the different ones and experience the different atmospheres. I have cruised the first of June and like you said, very unlikely a hurricane hits then, usually Aug. into Oct. Good Luck!!

We too have friends who are loyal to RCI and won't try Carnival:( We've sailed on RCI, NCL, HAL and the old Premier Line and Carnival for the money is the best. The Spirit class ships seems to be a little quieter than maybe the Fantasy class, the layout may be partly the cause for that and the fact that seven and eight day cruises seem to draw a little older, maybe quieter crowd.

We have a great friend who is a Bar Waiter who just boarded the Miracle a few days ago. He was on leave at home in Indonesia, he was previously on the Fantasy. His name is Kurni, look him up, he is absolutely the best we've ever met, just one of the reasons I love Carnival:) :) :) To me the wait staff is the best, even better than HAL and they advertise how great their wait staff are.

Basic facts ...

Drunks are everywhere ... the Grocery store, the Movie theater, the local bar, your church. ect get the picture... I've taken a 5 cruises and to be honest the Carnival cruises (3 of the 5) I've never had any issues with a bunch of drunks....

Now Hurricanes, early June till middle July is really not hurricane season although the weather folks say it is look at the historical data for hurricanes.

http://www.hurricanehunters.com/askus.htm

I have not been on RC but have sailed the Norway and to be honest it's to stuffy for me... I want a Vacation not a pompus week long adventure....

NOW GO WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND HAVE A BLAST!!!!!!

John

Looks like I'm going to have a lot of convincing to do because I showed her the itinerary and she said she wasn't crazy about it because you don't get to San Juan until 3PM. She said it's a waste because you can't go to the beach. *Sigh* She said she will talk to her husband. Hopefully they will go. :)

Comparing CCL to RCCL is like apples and oranges. Each line has atotally different atmosphere. Carnival is still the party boat. Each line's passangers have a different style. Why dont you do this, go with them on RCCL and have them go with you on CCL.

Well I went on the Carnival Legend in Oct and didn't find it a party boat at all. Yeah people were having fun but that's what a cruise is all about isn't it. Nobody was drunk. Yes there were people drinking but you will find people drinking on every cruise.

I can't go with them on RC, at least not next week anyway.

My two cents. Give them the facts and let them make the decision. I would not keep trying to talk them into it if they are that reluctant to go. If they get on board and don't like it then you may have a loooooong week with unhappy friends. I do like the Spirit class and that is the only class of ships that I would cruise again on Carnival.

I was very torn betwn the MIRACLE and the LIBERTY when booking one of my cruises for next year. Ultimately, we went w/ the LIBERTY b/c of itinerary. But, the MIRACLE (which I have never been on) is high on my "to do" list, and if its port location works, will be the next ship for us. The reason for this is threefold:

1. Many seasoned Carnival cruisers who are Cruise Critic members have nothing but wonderful, amazing things to say about this ship. For many, it remains their favorite of all despite the arrival of the newer CONQUEST class.

2. I have checked in to the ship and am amazed by its beauty. I want to go on it!

3. I love Carnival cruises best (having also been on NCL, Disney and Celebrity), and have never had a disappointing time, even if things didn't always go perfect (i.e. embarkation (rare), weather, etc.). I have been on almost every FANTASY class ship, as well as DESTINY class and soon, CONQUEST class. I have never been on a SPIRIT class ship, and these ships, according to many, are the prettiest of all.

Tell them to go! From all that have been aboard the MIRACLE on this site, and all that they have had to say, I believe your friends will be missing out on a trip they will most surely enjoy!

Good Luck!

I know they would have a great time with us, I just hope that if they go, they don't start comparing Royal to Carnival.

Thanks. :)

Why not??? Let them compare. Many bad things have been said about RCI. It's not the elite of cruising ... They just might decide Carnival is better. Others have.

My two cents. Give them the facts and let them make the decision. I would not keep trying to talk them into it if they are that reluctant to go. If they get on board and don't like it then you may have a loooooong week with unhappy friends. I do like the Spirit class and that is the only class of ships that I would cruise again on Carnival.

What my friend is mostly reluctant about is that the cruise has 4 sea days and she is afraid that there will be a hurricane. She gets seasick. I told her that even though the beginning of June is technically huricane season, most of the hurricanes don't happen until Aug-Oct. I did give her the facts and gave her a website where she could look at the pictures of the ship. She said that the ship looks nice and the balcony cabin looks the same like the one she had on RC. If they go and even if they don't like the ship, I know they will have a good time cause they will be with hubby and I and they always have fun when they are with us. :D:D

:) CCL is a very fun (party) ship. Almost tacky. Both lines have their strong points. I've Been on 22 CCL, 6 RCCL, 5 Costa, 1 X, 1 HAL and 1 NCL 20 years ago.

Fun doesn't always mean party as in being drunk, if that's what you are talking about. Put it this way, I can have fun on any vacation. As long as I don't have to cook, serve food, clean, then that is enough for me. :D As long as I am on vacation with my husband, I can have a great time no matter where I am. From the pictures that I have seen of the Royal ships, yes they are prettier than Carnival, but hey, I'm not decorating my house with it. :)

From the pictures that I have seen of the Royal ships, yes they are prettier than Carnival, but hey, I'm not decorating my house with it. :)

i don't know if i quite agree w/ that statement. well, i do know actually -- i don't agree w/ it. i believe the carnival ships are very, very nice. some of Farcus' FANTASY class ships are a little "loud" in decor, but the ships in all classes are, on the whole, quite pretty. and, the Spirit class may arguably, be the prettiest.

you sound like you're doubting carnival, and that you may even be unsure about going. if this is the case, i'm not sure why you are trying to convince your friends to go.

RCI has a lot of "type a" personality things going on that cause for a lot of commotion, no? rock climbing, surfing, ice rinks? these things cater to young party people. if that's the ambiance they want, then yes, they shld go w/ RCI.

4 sea days on any itinerary might be rough for one who doesn't bode well on the water. but if that's the deciding factor, that's far different from letting it be a RCI vs. Carnival debate. Maybe you should check our the RCI boards, and decide if you wld all rather book there. good luck w/ whatever you decide.

I don't see where the OP is doubting anything. She made a statement that she thought that RCI ships were "prettier" than Carnival. Doesn't sound like she is confused but just made a statement. She also said that she is not decorating her house with it. Sounds like she knows what she wants. I also have to agree with the OP on her statement.

Also those extra things that you find on RCI does not make for a "younger or party" atmosphere but more for the "active" person regardless of age. RCI ships are much more subdued than what one will find on Carnival.

I don't see where the OP is doubting anything. She made a statement that she thought that RCI ships were "prettier" than Carnival. Doesn't sound like she is confused but just made a statement. She also said that she is not decorating her house with it. Sounds like she knows what she wants. I also have to agree with the OP on her statement.

Also those extra things that you find on RCI does not make for a "younger or party" atmosphere but more for the "active" person regardless of age. RCI ships are much more subdued than what one will find on Carnival.

but, you already made your position clear ... so it's no big surprise to me that you agree:rolleyes:

but, you already made your position clear ... so it's no big surprise to me that you agree:rolleyes:[/quote

Made what point clear? I have cruised both lines, have you? I just simply pointed something out.

Photos speak for themselves.

Carnival Miracle dining room.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1114765625046975568SQuHUh

Jewel of the Seas which is a ship about the same size.

http://cruisingator.smugmug.com/gallery/2226870/1/116175038

First of all I am a cruise fan more so than a fan of any one cruise line. My wife and I have sailed over 20 times, on Carnival, Rccl, Princess, HAL, Costa, and Celebrity. We have enjoyed all of them, except maybe Costa. Each and every line has their pluses and minuses. However, to limit yourself to one cruise line is denying yourself the pleasure of different cruise experiences. I do not think any cruise lines past passenger reward program is worth not trying other lines. As far as the hurricane, we were on the Zuiderdam in Aug 05, We were leaving Cozumel, when the captain made an announcement that a hurricane was to hit Grand Caymen the same time we were to arrive. So we went to the Bahamas instead. We had no clue a hurricane was even in the region. It was one of the smoothest rides we ever had.

Keith

Archived