Delta changes

Beth & Rob

I have a reservation on Delta for next year, trip from LAX to Barcelona.

I went on their website just to check the price changes and could not find the return flight.

I called and found it had been cancelled and changed instead to coming back through New York rather than Atlanta.

It's not a problem for me, but just wanted anyone who has an international flight to double check.

Our domestic flights with Delta have been changed twice now since i booked them.

I checked yesterday and it had us leaving atlanta before we even arrived.

Ive been trying again today because i noticed on our flight down they are cutting it close, get into atlata at 4:04 and then leave at 4:25 for our connecting. The phone there has been BUSY BUSY BUSY, not sure if they are having a problem with there phones or what.

1-delta is notorious for doing this....they changed a flight of mine last year 4 times in 4 hours the day before we left.

2- 21 minutes is not a "legal connection". keep trying to call them, or use the dotcom to see if you can fix it yourself. AND ask to speak to someone who understands English who is in the USA! TRUST ME!! The people at the call center say they speak English, but let's say it is not their first language. And the connection is so bad, you will think you are using tin cans and string!

not trying to sound non-diverse, but honestly it is a problem

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Beth: You may want to check again..........first we were BCN to ATL to CAE then BCN to JFK to CVG to CAE and then the "equipment/plane" was changed from JFK to CVG so we had to pick seats again and now we're BCN TO JFK TO ATL TO CAE again! This is almost like the plane seat lottery! So, now we're back on the same flight we originally picked from ATL to CAE, but we still have the added leg thru JFK. The International Reissue Desk rep told me tonight that it IS possible that the original non-stop of BCN to ATL could come back, esp since the 10 am flight is almost sold out.

Whatever you do, don't let them reissue your e ticket or your free changes may be spent! I've been told this by 4 different Delta reps, though one tried to tell me today that it wasn't true! BTW, Lynne & Barry have had to cancel as their son is getting married in Vegas this summer.

Pris, please send me a direct email if you get word that Delta will reinstate the other flight. There still may be a chance for us, but given how quickly prices change, etc. timing will be crutial.

Looks like some of the posters on the Sept cruise are having the same frustration with Delta changing the departing flight to 10am. Wonder why they did that.

We are still thinking about the KLM connections thru Amsterdam. The flying time is so much less, and no east coast which we like.

We are also looking at the Sun Princess, 28 days around Australia, for Nov. 7, 2007. It would work for our birthday dilemma, but know it will cost an arm and an elbow. Have been to New Zealand and didn't want to go back. Just don't know if we can hack 28 days on a ship. 16 was our max before and that was long enuf. Will let you know. We aren't giving up yet tho' on the Brilliance.

I've never heard of a reissue on a eticket. When we've had a schedule change before, we just run a new itinerary from the computer. Didn't you book on line?

We just had a scheule change on our Jan 28th United flight to Tampa. We go thru Denver (storms anyone?) but now our return is 10:45am. Ship is back in Tampa at 7am, so shouldn't be a problem, however, many posters say the ship has been returning late.

Woe. Cruising used to be fun, or is it just that the flying is not,,,,,,,,,

Becky

Who cancelled?

Becky:

Lynne & Barry cancelled. Yes, the airline reps can issue you a new e-ticket (the thingee with a barcode like what you get when you first book the flights).......supposedly as long as they don't issue you a new one after some changes, you are still allowed the "free" changes for other flights that may become available (like if the initial return flight suddenly reappeared). Anyway, I THINK I understand it all LOL Yes, we did book online.

I have not been getting notifications of any of the changes (even though that's the prefs I set up on my account); I've been checking each day by going to the Delta website and plugging in the flight days/times to see what shows up. We're leaving in the morning for a week at Cocoa Beach, so you may want to check daily as we won't have much internet access while we are there.

Are you on the Miracle? Please remind me of your email addy......either here or by sending me an email LOL.......sorry, CRS!

Archived