Is this true? Balcony of GS larger on Mariner?

sheilb4

On the Voyager class ships the OS balcony is larger. However, on the Radiance class ships the GS balcony is larger.

Cheryl

Just checked and on Radiance class OS balcony is 57 Sq Ft and GS balcony is 106 Sq Ft

On Voyager class the OS is 64 Sq Ft and GS balcony is 95 Sq Ft

So it looks like on both classes the OS balcony is smaller.

Just checked and on Radiance class OS balcony is 57 Sq Ft and GS balcony is 106 Sq Ft

On Voyager class the OS is 64 Sq Ft and GS balcony is 95 Sq Ft

So it looks like on both classes the OS balcony is smaller.

Depends on the voyager class you are talking about. Mariner and Navigator balconies are larger.

Depends on the voyager class you are talking about. Mariner and Navigator balconies are larger.

I knew that on the Explorer the GS balcony was larger and then looked at some of the other deck plans but didn't look at all of them - my bad!

So on the older ships (first three built) this was the case, but then it looks like they modified the design on the recent two - cool!

Thanks again - happy cruising

Ok, I am still confused here...whats the word?

GS balcony or OS balcony larger on Mariner?

Thanks all.

Owners suite balcony is larger. Mariner is a Voyager class ship. Therefore, the Owners suite is larger.

I WISH that the grand suites balcony were larger than the owners. I am sailing on the mariner in a grand this time after being in an owners suite the last two times! I sure do hope it's nice!!!!!!!!!!!!! They looked nice when I peeked in one time!

Thanks all for your input. I decided today to book a GS, as the balcony size is kind of a non-issue now I know it is shaded/covered. So not much chance of getting much sun on there. I booked a GS on Mariner. Anyone stayed in one and can give me your input. Thanks for all your responses to help me make my decision to book.

Shielb4...Just off Mariner in GS 1282, what a huge cabin:p ...Balcony had 2 chairs, table and 1 lounge chair. It could fit 2 lounge chairs! There was so much storage space (as opposed to E1 category) that we did not even use all the drawers! The bathroom is gorgeous with 2 sinks and a wonderful tub/shower.....4 nights out of 7 we got various goodies delivered to our cabin. The bed was very comfortable and there is a sofa and 2 chairs also in the cabin....ENJOY!

The concierge lounge was also wonderful for a before dinner drink and hors deuvers...Tell Ricardo Jillybabes says hello;) , and don't forget to have an oatmeal raisin cookie from the Cafe Promenade...Later, Jill:cool:

Archived