Coral Cay In Roatan Grand Princess

luvmy2doxs

• 3 weeks later...
We are scheduled for snorkeling and beach at Coral Cay through Grand Princess in January. Has anybody been on this tour and how was it? We are beginners and are trying to find an easy place to snorkel.

It is very pretty, with shipwrecks out in the distance. The beach is very clean and there are plenty of chairs. Live music is played, and the food is quite good. Very easy to snorkel from the beach. Take bug spray! There are sand fleas.

Did you take the exursion through Grand Princess to Coral Cay or did you go there on your own? Was all the snorkeling from the beach? I had received an email from Coral Cay directly that said something about snorkeling from a pier. Did you do any of that? How long were you there? We were curious if you had to return at a certain time or if you able to take the return shuttle at any time. I read something about that on the Coral Cay web site also. But since we are scheduled through the ship, I wasn't sure what to expect. We were hoping that Coral Cay is less crowded than Tabyana Beach. Even though all the pictures from there are beautiful, it does look crowded. We have are Off already packed and ready to go. We will be sure to use it. Thanks again for all you help!

Did you take the exursion through Grand Princess to Coral Cay or did you go there on your own? Was all the snorkeling from the beach? I had received an email from Coral Cay directly that said something about snorkeling from a pier. Did you do any of that? How long were you there? We were curious if you had to return at a certain time or if you able to take the return shuttle at any time. I read something about that on the Coral Cay web site also. But since we are scheduled through the ship, I wasn't sure what to expect. We were hoping that Coral Cay is less crowded than Tabyana Beach. Even though all the pictures from there are beautiful, it does look crowded. We have are Off already packed and ready to go. We will be sure to use it. Thanks again for all you help!

We booked thru Princess. Snorkeling was from the beach and from the pier(which is right there at the beach). You could catch the shuttle back at any time. We went at about 9:30am, came back to the ship at around 3pm. Others from our group went back at around 2pm. The beach was not very crowded.

Of these three beaches on Roatan (Coral Cay, Parrot Tree, Tabyana) which do you feel is the best? What kind of transportation is there to any of the beaches if you wanted to do the beach on your own rather than booking through the cruise ship? Is that a risky thing to do?

Also does anyone know anything about these two excursions through Princess: Discover Roatan Island and Semi-Sub, Cameos & West End Village.

Thanks for all your help! Sounds like it will be a nice relaxing day of snorkeling. I think I saw your name in the cave tubing threads, we are doing that also.

That's correct. We went cave tubing in Belize. Beautiful jungle, lots of fun!

Archived