Compare CocoCay to Half Moon Cay?

cruiseapril

• 3 weeks later...

The activities are similar, Coco Cay has the water park feature that Half Moon doesn't. I thought the water at Half Moon was much prettier, lot's of rocks & seaweed at Coco Cay. But either place is a great place to kick back & enjoy a beach day!

• 1 month later...

I thought CocoCay's island was a bit prettier. It had lots of shade, plenty of hammock's to lounge in, and more private uncrowded spots without having to walk so far. RCCL also had a more organized BBQ...four food stations compared to two at HMC, so there was no line.

However, the water at HMC was so much clearer and prettier. Loved the angel fish swimming around. CoCo also had lots of sticky clay-type sand while wading out. HMC just has that soft beautiful sand.

Either way, they are both gorgeous and promise a terrific time. I'd love to visit either one again. (And I do get to go back to HMC in Oct...YIPPEE!)

I've never been to Coco Cay but I have been to Half Moon and Labadee and for me - I would choose Half Moon anyday. The cabanas are heaven and the water and sand are to die for. It was total relaxation! I would take a cruise to Half Moon and stay in the bay for a week. Board the ship every night and get off every morning and hang out on that beautiful beach.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just back from HMC--I must admit that it is the best private island that I have been to (even beats Disney's Castaway Cay)!

I told you it's the best. The thing that ruined Castaway Cay is when they built the dock.

Keeping those islands undeveloped is a high priority.

• 2 weeks later...

My order is HMC, Labadee and then CocoCay. All great but HMC's water was perfect and clear and clean as anything, the sand on the beach was the best I have ever seen. It was just great.

Now I can answer my own question! We were at Half Moon Cay last Thursday. It is beautiful- the water is clear and the sand firm and clean-the swimming was almost perfect and we swam for hours.

However- we decided that CocoCay has a better set up for beach chairs and activities- with chairs in different areas. CocoCay also maintains a certain level of natural beauty without too many buildings. Also when we were there last year, the swimming was excellent despite a few rocks and pockets of seaweed.

On the other hand, Half Moon Cay provides many civilized amenities and shops and sitting areas in the central plaza. We understand why it is so highly rated.

Archived