Problems with Glory tours

innal

I have picked up the referal to Glory tours on this board, hence I wanted to post our experience here.

We just came back from our RCL Adventurer of the Seas cruise and had a great time. I've pciked up all the names of the local guides/drives from this board and we had no problems except for Barbados.

Since we had 7 people in our group, we decided to hire a private tour for each port. In Barbados I contacted Sarah from Glory tours.

She was very responsive and accomodatiing to our requests. She proposed the itinerary and we made some changes to it including starting time and the stops. I made a deposit for 50% of the tour.

As our cruise was pretty intense ( 5 ports in the row and Barbados was the last one), we were getting somewhat tired. Hence the day before our Barbados tour, I called Sarah to let her know that we would like to start our tour 9:30 -9:45 instead of 9. She told me this was not a problem.

Well on the day of our arrival to Barbados, I called her at 9:40 to find out exactly where we were supposed to meet . Sarah told me that the tour waited for us for 30 mitnues and then left.

I was shocked to hear it, as I specifically asked for the private tour, as evidenced by the email which I kept for references. And considering the fact that was changing the itienary and the times with no problem, I had no reason to suspect that this was a "group tour". Not to mention the fact that I spoke with her the day before and told her that we will be there 9:30 - 9:45.

I was still ready to attribute this to some misunderstanding except for the fact that I can't get my deposit back. Sarah promised to email me with the details but I have not heard from her. My emails go unanswered.

I initiated a dispute with my credit card and hopefully will get my money back this way.

Hence I would be cautious dealing with Glory tours based on our experience.

It actually worked out well for us as we hired a local driver for $125 for all of us for the whole day and went through the same stops. I will be posting the driver's number once I find his card. He was very nice and very accomodating.

Yes, I reminded her but she refused to listen.

I've always beleived that any business can make a mistake , after all we are all human beings. It's how that business proceeds to correct the problem that shows whether it's trustworthy and reputable.

In the case of "Glory tours", the anwser is obvious.

Hi I am Sarah the owner of Glory Tours

I would first like to say that we have been very fortunate in receiving many wonderful guests who post fantastic reviews on Cruise Critic. I always pay special attention to guest that mention the boards as the members have been so faithful and kind that I want to return the favor over and over just as they do.:)

It is unfortunate my first post has to be in responce to a negative one. Under helpful advice of the board’s manager I am posting this repose.

I have responded to Innas one email and would again advise her to contact me to resolve the issue.

To all my past and future customers and friends please rest assured. It is truly our goal to make your time in Barbados the best day on your cruise. You can depend on us

If any of you have any questions or concerns I would also like to hear from you

Happy cruising:)

I hated to read this message. We toured with Glory Tours last June and had a great experience - probably the best on our cruise. Everything that we experienced was handled professionally and we thought that for the money, we could not have possibly done better. I would use this guys again

I hated to read this message. We toured with Glory Tours last June and had a great experience - probably the best on our cruise. Everything that we experienced was handled professionally and we thought that for the money, we could not have possibly done better. I would use this guys again

I heard a number of good things about Glory tours myself on this board, and that's why I booked them in the first place. But I was very disappointed by the whole ordeal. I had not heard anything form Sarah UNITL I POSTED my experience here . Then I got 3 emails in one day.

I've offered Sarah to retract any of the statements in my post if she could show me that they were not true. She did not attempt to do so.

In all the fairness, were we to book a group tour we would probably have had a good time. But we were looking for a private tour, and Sarah acknowledged that, and that caused the problem for us.

I would say one thing though: it pays to take a private tour. For example, when we came to the caves, there was a huge line of people from a number of tours, so we turned around and went somwehere else and then came back and did not have to wait long at all. Also our kids really wanted to see red monkeys. We saw one of them at the road stand, so they were looking forward to visting the safari.

However once we came to the safari place, they told us that monkeys were not there and would be back till early evening. Since we had a private tour, we were able to skip it and go to Batsheba instead.

We had 7 people in our group. so it was easier to hire a minivan. I would suggest that if you can , get to know other people through cruisecritic and get together for the private tour.

We've had private drivers through all our stops and it was great ! The ability to stay or go depending on whether you like a particular place is priceless and makes the tour much more enjoyable.

Ok guys this is basically the last thing I am going to say about this situation. I have not wanted to post the exact details about what happened because I am not one to tear down another or to be nasty.

Inna is correct in saying that I did not respond to her immediately but as she is aware I had an operation for a heart related issue a few days after she visited the island to be exact 2 working days. Following this on release from the hospital I was in bed recuperating. My heart condition is something a few members on this board have known about for years.

Secondly I have answered Inna and shown here where her statements are untrue. I am quite uncomfortable about the whole situation because I am in this business strictly for the love of it meeting people and sharing my Island with them is what I love to do.

Glory Tours is sold through many Barbados companies as well as Expedia Travellocity, Shoretrips, and manny manny others. I think that alone shows we are commited to our customers.

• 2 months later...

I think you are jumping to conclusions. I just booked a group tour with Glory Tours and I have to give Sarah a high recommendation. She is very quick to respond, answers all questions and she is very accomodating. I have found the Glory Tours to be a very professional operation. There are two sides to every story and it seems that both parties have a valid argument. Sometimes things beyond our control happen, we have to make the best of it and move on. Sarah has explained her side, and I think it's unfair to post negative remarks after her explanation for the events.

We are booking a large group tour (24ppl) with Glory Tours on Dec 8th, and I will definitely let you know how the tour goes.

Meanwhile, I think Sarah ROCKS!!!

You led them on to believe it was a private tour

You left them behind

You have yet to refund them

3 strikes' date=' your out, and your not on my list when i visit barbados, plain and simple[/quote']

That about says it all.....................

Sarah,

I think you of all people should know from time to time mistakes happen being you have been in the tour bussiness for quite some time. Whose fault it is 100% can not always be clear. But in any bussiness most have the motto the customer is always right. I am sure you have provided great service to 1000s of cruisers and other tourist and they never post about it but is only takes a few complaints to make that record look bad. I believe if you would have just made simple statement that mistakes were made on your part instead of trying to share the blame with Innal. In the long run it would have done your company better and in the eyes of future customers and posters here. No company can be expected to always be perfect. But for me those who step up and take accountability when mistakes happen make me wish to give them a 2nd chance.

As this issue seems to keep arising I have chosen to share with you what happened. I had not wanted to do so as it reflects badly on the visitor.

The tour was all set up and a day or 2 before they arrived in port I received a call requesting they be picked up later because the ship was not coming in on time. (I learnt later this was a lie as we had guest on the same ship who came in on time) I agreed to 1/2 hour later time.

On the day 1/2 hour came and went but remembering that she had wanted and hour we waited the hour still no sight of them so I instructed the tours to depart. About 5 min later I received a call from the guest who was laughing and telling me they would need another 45min they had had a big meal. Had they said they would be there in 10 min I would have called the van back but 45 min was in my eyes unreasonable after an hours wait.

The reason I am in this business is because I love my Island and I love meeting people. This situation is something that was very upsetting to me. Like I said I did not even want to post this response but I see I have to.

I sincerely wish all of you who visit Barbados a truly wonderful time on the Island in whatever you do. If I can be of any help with any information on the Island tour or non tour information I am only to happy to help you may contact me at sarah@glorytours.org

Sarah,

So glad you got all the info out as it seems this thread will never die.

Some people are just inconsiderate of others. You know if they were the one waiting they would have done nothing but complain.

Some people just seem to forget the decisions they make can effect others.

I would have done exactly what you did. You waited for a reasonable time then had to go to protect the enjoyment of the other guest who didn't lie and made it to the tour on time.

Did they seriuosly think that you wouldn't know they were lieing? That very large ship in the harbor would be a dead give-away to me.

You are a true lady for not wanting to disclose all the facts but they left you no choice.

Wishing you a prosperous year with Glory Tours.

mcboo

Big difference form the 9:40am (40 minutes) when innal said she called and asked where to meet vs. the 10:50am (hour already waiting + 45 minutes they still needed) Sarah talks about.

Too bad that we'll probably never hear from innal again as she has only posted three times - all three being on this thread.

Oh well, time to move on..............!!

What is the website location for glory tours?? and does anyone know of another tour group in Barbados...

Innal - wondering if you remembered the taxi driver also...Trying to book something fast in 3 weeks off of the Serenade of the seas..

Thanks so much...

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm...wondering if the poster and Glory Tours misunderstood one another in some way. The poster originally said that they specifically set this tour up to be a "private tour". I would think if it's a "private tour" that one could arrive any time (within reason) since no other people are involved.

If the tour left without them...then obviousely Glory tours had other people on this tour and did not set it up for a "private tour". Maybe that is where the problem started.

Oh well. I think the good reputation of a tour company should stand by itself regardless of this situation because I think it was just a misunderstanding. :rolleyes:

Although we did enjoy our Glory Tours - Please be careful !!!!!!of "MisUnderstandings." I had to make 3 calls to Sarah before I finally recieved the printed document that confirmed we were on the tour. I had a verbal agreement with Sarah as to the price - it then increased. It was only $5 per person (there were 5 of us), this was not discovered by me until after leaving home. The driver called her and she stated that "she didn't want to argue about only $5", but would not agree to charging us the originally quoted price. In addition the biggest MISUNDERSTANDING came when I checked my credit card bill, and she overcharged me by $197. When I called her she said it was a mistake. I have yet to see the credit I my credit card - I will wait a few more days, then make yet another long long distant call to Barbados.

Let me end by saying that the tour was good (not great, but good), but if I had it to do over again it would not be with Sarah.

I just got home Monday night from the 10/22 Spirit cruise! We took a tour in Barbados with a taxi driver named Barry. He has a new van with great air conditioning. We found out about him from some other cruisers who had just taken a tour with him. You can get a 1 hour tour for $10. For us we had a 2 hour tour plus he took us to the Folkstone park to snorkel and came back to pick us and took us to the ship for $80 for 4 of us. We were very pleased with his tour. He is with the other taxi drivers in front of the Chefette(a restaurant) that is on the right side of the main street in the middle of the shopping district. I do have a card for him and a cell phone number. I will have to dig his card out of the luggage and then I will post the info.

Trish

I continue my warning - And my message to Sarah.

It has been over a week since reporting the Overcharge of $197 on my credit card by Glory Tours. Sarah report that it was a MISTAKE, and would be corrected in 3 days.

If I did this to my customers - I would no longer have a business.

Sarah, do the right thing!!!!

Archived