pre-reserving shore excursions

Jaime's Mom

I'm looking at pre-reserving shore excursions. Can anyone tell me if they'll bill me immediately or if this charge will become part of the charges to my account while on board? Thanks!

it is added to your account on board, and you can cancel on board if you wish.

I'm looking at pre-reserving shore excursions. Can anyone tell me if they'll bill me immediately or if this charge will become part of the charges to my account while on board? Thanks!
They are charged to your onboard account after you check in at embarkation. The tickets will either be in your cabin when you arrive or will be delivered shortly afterwards by your steward, and will have the time and meeting place printed on them as well as any other pertinent information needed for your excursion. You have until 24 - 48 hours before your tour to turn them in for credit to your onboard account. The daily Princess Patter will have a notice about which port's shore excursions are "closing" and the time. You can turn in the tickets either at the Shore Excursion Desk or drop them in the box next to the desk, which is fast and easy, eliminating lines at the desk for those looking for information or to book a tour. If you do turn in any tickets, check your onboard account to make sure it's been adjusted -- don't wait until the Final Bill before checking.

I changed my mind on some of my shore excursions and canceled them, on princess.com. Do I still need to put in a cancellation on the ship?

Tammy

Nope it is all taken care of as long as your cruise personalizer shows that they are no longer listed. You should be fine. You can cancel on board up to 24 hours from the excursion.

Good luck, isn't it nice to book your excursions online prior to leaving?

I love this about Princess. I've got a couple excursions booked for Hawaii next month...and none of them have been charged yet. On the other hand, I'm going to Alaska in July on Carnival's Spirit. Excursions opened last week - and I've already been billed for the excursion ($1000+)! On one hand, it's nice to know that that bill has been taken care of. But, it still boggles my mind that there would be 2 different policies under the one corporate umbrella in regards to something like this.

Archived