Footwear Needed for Tubing??

imwmn913

Will tennis shoes work for tubing in Montego Bay? I read on another post that you can 'rent' water shoes. Somewhat hestitant to rent shoes someone else has worn, and in the dead winter in Chicago water shoes are hard to find.

I've been tubing in America -- I can't imagine the footwear would be all that different in Jamaica.

My first choice would be Teva river-sandals; however, they're in the $40-60 range, and I wouldn't buy them JUST for this excursion. My second choice would be water-shoes, which sell everywhere in the summer for $5 or so; you might find expensive varieties at Lands End even at this time of year. If you just don't want to spend anything, you could easily make it with tennis shoes. If I were going to do that, I'd bring my oldest pair, then after rafting, I'd ditch them in the nearest trash can -- they're going to be soaking wet.

Will tennis shoes work for tubing in Montego Bay? I read on another post that you can 'rent' water shoes. Somewhat hestitant to rent shoes someone else has worn, and in the dead winter in Chicago water shoes are hard to find.

From the Chicago area myself. I saw men's water shoes being sold at Sports Authority last week. They were out of the women's.

We got our water shoes from the web site for Dick's sporting goods. Try googling the site. They were $9.99 with free shipping and handling when I ordered them. If that doesn't work, I know you'd be able to find them through another simaliar web site.

Archived