any suggestions for "Must Have" souvenirs from Grand Cayman?

KTownGirl

Hi all,

My fiance and I are going on our first for our honeymoon in April on the Carnival Legend. I'd like to make sure I get a few souvenirs(that you can't get anywhere else) from all the ports that we're visiting, so I'm looking for suggestions.

So, if you could help out by completing the following sentence, I'd really appreciate it!!

"Before you leave Grand Cayman, make SURE you get/buy..........?"

Thanks!!

event.png

• 2 weeks later...

My husbands favourite was the 'Been to Hell and I survived...' t-shirt, but mine was from the Turtle Farm. You can buy a plush Turtle or Stingray 'in a can'. We bought both, and they have pride of place on our bookshelf, and both bring back many happy memories. Also bought these for our nieces, and they loved them!

My daughter and I buy a silver charm in every port we have ever visited. In just a few short years, we both have a great bracelet that holds a lot of memories. In Grand Cayman, we are coming home with a sting ray charm.

What an amazing idea! I LOVE that...and so will my daughter!

THANKS!

I got a black coral with gold inlay cayman turtle pendant but the charm idea is really a good one--why didn't I think of that! Also got a very expesive T short--everything there is expensive... enjoy your honeymoon!

I would definitely say Big Black Dick Rum, you can't get it anywhere else to my knowledge. I collect pilsner glasses from Hard Rock Cafe, so one of those to me is a must have (also got one from Margaritaville)

I also bought a ton of postcards to put in my scrapbook. Relatively inexpensive souveniers, and looking at them brings back GREAT memories.

I LOVE the charm idea and the ordement one! Wish I would of thought of that years ago when I started to travel....guess never too late!

Angela

I know I've read that you can obtain a coupon on the ship for a free bracelet and you then take it to Diamond International at port. They will give you a bracelet and for 5.00 you can purchase a charm. They will give you a card so that you can visit other DI stores at each port you visit and receive charms from each port free. The bracelet is not great quality but I have 3 teen dtrs and a young son who are very excited about it.

Archived