Sale at the end of the cruise in the ship's stores?

wadsworth

I don't remember on RCCI Empress of the Seas, but I just returned from a Celebrity cruise of New England/Canada and on the last sea day, all the stores had huge sales. Like 50-75% off a lot of stuff. Watches, diamonds, clothing, purses, hats, scarves, almost everything was reduced. Good luck!:p

Yes. RCi will have sales like watches for $10, logo wear clothes for 25% to 50% off, etc. Go early on sale day for best selection. Best we ever did was on Alaska cruise late in season. Great sales in ports though.

all the lines have the cheapo $10 watches, shawls etc and these are available all the time.

Yes, sometimes toward the end of the cruise they bring out older merchandise that has been marked down alot-but it is not the same stuff you have been seeing in the shops earlier in the week.

They do pull stuff from the shops but it is the $10 watches and purses etc. that are always $10.

Up on the lido deck on the RCI ships like Mariner OS, they have all those cheap garbage T-shirts for sale on the last sea day.

On Princess ships, the last cruise of the season and repositioning cruises have a "genuine" sale of clothing and souvenirs -- they want to get rid of the "named" items when the ship is returning to the Carribean from Alaska or from Europe. /Sultan

Have to agree with above poster regarding best sales are around repositioning times - one to two cruises prior to repo cruise and first cruise after a repositioning.

Many of the ``sales'' held at the end of non-repo cruises are sales trying to rid the shop's inventory of non-moving items. However, if you do not cruise very often or are on your first cruise, you can find some good bargains at those sales.

No matter how many times I cruise I'll still check out the end of the cruise bargains. Never know when you will find something at the right price you will pay. Just bought two glittery shell t-shirts on end of cruise sale on Valor last month at a great price. Have seen these shells in shops on several cruiselines for more than 2 years at a price I wouldn't pay. Price was right on Valor and I wangled my way into the crowd and joined the mangle of shoppers to find the right size.;) It was worth the fight.:D

Dianne

They do pull out their things that have been on the boat for a while. the t-shirts are cheap, I would not have the cheap watches or rings. The t-shirts would br ok for a kid but caome to think about it i only seen adult size shirts on sale.

Don't hole your breath for any good sales!

Every ship I've been on has "sales", some during the week, sometimes at the end of the week. But, if you see something you really want in the gift shops, it will not be on the sale tables, the sale stuff is put out only for the sales.

To be honest with you, although I have gotten a watch I really liked onboard (on the sale table), the price was no better than what I would have paid in a local department store.

So, shop the sales if you wish and have fun with it :) , just be aware that the prices are not always a great bargain. If you want to shop for anything high end, like jewelry, art, designer clothing, along with fine cosmetics and fragrance, make sure you know the land prices ahead of time. I sometimes buy makeup (if I need it) as there is no tax at that time, although there is a limit for duty free items.

Of all the cruise lines we've been on, seems like Royal Caribbean had the best "real" sales, even for it being in the middle of their season. Beware though, you pretty much get what you pay for. The sale t-shirts we got in the Bahamas shrunk from adult size to kid size after the first wash-no wonder they were a "bargain".

I don't recall any item offered on board having its price lowered at any time during the cruise. Can't you imagine the line up of irate persons trying to get a similar reduction? The jumbo 20-50% off sales are normally based on the item/s offered on the PREVIOUS cruise. Some $10.00 watches, wrapped in plastic, [which can fall apart], past cruise logos, [these may be good buys], belts, ladies purses, and also some damaged goods. Yes, bargains can be had, IF YOU CAN MAKE USE OF THE ITEM/S. However if you like somthing at the regular, or so called sale price offered at the regular stores, don't wait for the item to go 'on sale', or have its price reduced, this has never happened, to my knowlege on any cruise that I have been on.

In a word the line/s are very cagy in the way that they move, and price their wares. john

I don't recall any item offered on board having its price lowered at any time during the cruise. Can't you imagine the line up of irate persons trying to get a similar reduction? The jumbo 20-50% off sales are normally based on the item/s offered on the PREVIOUS cruise. Some $10.00 watches, wrapped in plastic, [which can fall apart], past cruise logos, [these may be good buys], belts, ladies purses, and also some damaged goods. Yes, bargains can be had, IF YOU CAN MAKE USE OF THE ITEM/S. However if you like somthing at the regular, or so called sale price offered at the regular stores, don't wait for the item to go 'on sale', or have its price reduced, this has never happened, to my knowlege on any cruise that I have been on.

In a word the line/s are very cagy in the way that they move, and price their wares. john

John, the line/s may be very cagy, but when I've been looking here at diamond pendants and the price is $400-$500, I get on the Constellation and they have a diamond pendant for $399, then the last day of the cruise it goes on sale for $199, I think I got a pretty good price. The diamond is set in a 14K yellow gold setting and it's absolutely beautiful. I also got a nice fake wool hat for $10 that just happened to match the cape I bought in Quebec, then a pair of beige gloves that matched the hat for $10. While not everything was on sale (shipwide), it seemed to us that the sales were very good on the last sea day, and not just the logo stuff. And as for the cheap watches, some were cheaper than others. My traveling companion had paid over $100 for an Anne Klein watch, and they had the exact same watch on-board sale priced at $49. Again, you have to know what you want and what it costs at a store near you, to determine if you are getting a good price. :D

John, the line/s may be very cagy, but when I've been looking here at diamond pendants and the price is $400-$500, I get on the Constellation and they have a diamond pendant for $399, then the last day of the cruise it goes on sale for $199, I think I got a pretty good price. The diamond is set in a 14K yellow gold setting and it's absolutely beautiful. I also got a nice fake wool hat for $10 that just happened to match the cape I bought in Quebec, then a pair of beige gloves that matched the hat for $10. While not everything was on sale (shipwide), it seemed to us that the sales were very good on the last sea day, and not just the logo stuff. And as for the cheap watches, some were cheaper than others. My traveling companion had paid over $100 for an Anne Klein watch, and they had the exact same watch on-board sale priced at $49. Again, you have to know what you want and what it costs at a store near you, to determine if you are getting a good price. :D

I note that you have never sailed with Princess, and I said that I had never seen any reductions. Jewellery MAY be different if they are one of a kind items. However I also trust my local jeweller, as for the watches they are only brought out for 'sales', not the regular quality watches that are nomally sold. john

Of all the cruise lines we've been on, seems like Royal Caribbean had the best "real" sales, even for it being in the middle of their season. Beware though, you pretty much get what you pay for. The sale t-shirts we got in the Bahamas shrunk from adult size to kid size after the first wash-no wonder they were a "bargain".

Thank God............ I thought it was me that grew.

I note that you have never sailed with Princess, and I said that I had never seen any reductions. Jewellery MAY be different if they are one of a kind items. However I also trust my local jeweller, as for the watches they are only brought out for 'sales', not the regular quality watches that are nomally sold. john

Nope, never sailed Princess. Doesn't look like you have done any on RCCL or Celebrity either. Just didn't work out. I looked at Princess and HAL for my New England/Canada cruise, but each of them for a balcony cabin for ten days was about $500 pp more than the Celebrity 11 day cruise, so opted for Celebrity. I did look at Princess again for Alaska, as we did HAL Inside Passage last time and wanted to try Princess this time. But HAL had a really nice cruisetour for about half the price of Princess, so again opted for HAL.

My friend and I were really pleasantly surprised by the sales and quality of the merchandise on the last sea day. It was NOT just souvenir junk. The wool hat I purchased for $10 was a $39 hat. Granted they may have the price boosted at that $39, but even local stores seem to mark up their prices for sales, and jewelry stores mark-up their jewelry like 200%. If I'm happy with the final price for what I get, then I'm a happy camper. I didn't bargain hunt for the cape in Quebec, just paid what they asked for it, because I wanted it, but that's just me. The hat and gloves just went so well with it, had to have them too.

You must not be a shopoholic!:eek:

Serenade of the Seas last Feb. All RCCI logo Tshirts, seatshirts, jacketes, hats, tote bags, etc were marked down 50%. Other items in the gift shop were also reduced. (don't remember how much).

Typically, most cruises will have a BIG sale in their giftshop the last full day onboard before debarking.

Some ships will even offer sale prices on photos if there are still a lot of them left in the gallery, but not sure which ones.

Definitely a good time to buy stuff but it gets picked over fast.

(fine jewlery never seems to go sale:-(

Serenade of the Seas last Feb. All RCCI logo Tshirts, seatshirts, jacketes, hats, tote bags, etc were marked down 50%. Other items in the gift shop were also reduced. (don't remember how much).

Typically, most cruises will have a BIG sale in their giftshop the last full day onboard before debarking.

Some ships will even offer sale prices on photos if there are still a lot of them left in the gallery, but not sure which ones.

Definitely a good time to buy stuff but it gets picked over fast.

(fine jewlery never seems to go sale:-(

Island Annie,

Constellation in Sept/Oct New England/Canada cruise did have fine jewelry on sale on the last full at sea day. The diamond pendant I bought was in the jewelry store window, I told my friend of course it wouldn't be on sale, but when I asked the sales lady, she said it was. It got it for about 65% off. My friend also found a very nice diamond ring at 50% off. So while all the ships may not put the "good stuff" on sale, Celebrity did.:p

Wait till the last day on Carnival and dang they Fill a room with polo shirts and misc carnival crap and sell it for all 10 bucks and less. Its a freakin mad house too. Get there 2 mins after the announcement!! Or die of suffocation from all the other idots trying to get a t shirt.

Archived