Pacific Princess

Shearwaters

We are considering a NZ cruise on the Pacific Princess in March 2007. We would be interested in any comments from past passengers re accommodation, fixed seating & fixed time dining, entertainment or tours.

You go for it, you will enjoy it immensley, its the best little ship in the whole wide world. The NZ ports will be amazing and you will have a great time. Do not hestitate, book now.

It is a fabulous ship and March should be a good time to visit NZ.It has been the friendliest ship I have ever cruised on.

What type of cabin are you thinking of?

They are all OK.The Mini Suites on Deck 8 are a real treat because of their extra size.

We are considering a NZ cruise on the Pacific Princess in March 2007. We would be interested in any comments from past passengers re accommodation, fixed seating & fixed time dining, entertainment or tours.

How formal are formal nights on the Oz version of Princess/P&O? The booklet does not give much guidance. Tuxedos? Suits? Jacket & tie??

We enjoyed our last cruise on her we booked again this year. Pacific Princess is a beautiful classy ship. Suit and tie is probably formal enough with a coctail dress or dressy pants/top. There are a small number to do the full tux thing but save room in your cases. We prefer traditional first sitting. Actually from memory I don't think Pacific Princess has anytime dining. They only have one dining room so its either early or late. The shows were very good last year considering how small the ship is. Will let you know more after we get back end of January. Mummsie :D

It is a fabulous ship and March should be a good time to visit NZ.It has been the friendliest ship I have ever cruised on.

What type of cabin are you thinking of?

They are all OK.The Mini Suites on Deck 8 are a real treat because of their extra size.

We are looking at Oceanview with balcony, or Mini Suite. We never seem to spend much time in the cabin on a cruise.

What's the opinion on sharing tables - is 4, 6 or 8 best?

I usually prefer either 6 or 8 so at least you should have somebody that you can talk too. I think a table of 4 is a bit risky - what happens if you can't stand them and you are stuck - would make for a very uncomfortable cruise. We had deck 6 last time and have asked to have the same deck as its so handy to everything. Mummsie :D

I usually prefer either 6 or 8 so at least you should have somebody that you can talk too. I think a table of 4 is a bit risky - what happens if you can't stand them and you are stuck - would make for a very uncomfortable cruise. We had deck 6 last time and have asked to have the same deck as its so handy to everything. Mummsie :D

That's just about what we were thinking, too!

By the way we LOVED the SS Gemini in 2001. That is a great little ship, the crew was excellent and the food the best we've had cruising.

Yes the Gemini is a fantastic ship. Food was wonderful I agree but the entertainment was absolutely fantastic for such a small ship. They had some Chinese acrobats whose bodies were made of liquid I am sure :D and the live bands were great - for a ship that size to have 3 live bands was quite amazing.:D Mummsie

If you can - go for a mini suite on deck 8...the room is very spacious with a large balcony. A table for 8 is good - lots of different people to meet so you're bound to like someone. There is first and second sitting for dinner - no anytime dining. Cheers:)

Archived