Two questions re: Enchantment int. staterooms

Jeanie821

I finally have my room assignment! Room 2013 - an interior. I have a couple of questions, though...

1. There's three women, unrelated, in the stateroom. Does the loveseat open into a bed?

2. The stateroom is on the starboard side, towards the stern. How much will we feel movement/waves/etc?

Just off the Enchantment this week.....if its a CAT N stateroom, the loveseat doesn't open.....the third bed is a pulldown....when in what's considered "normal waters" the most you should feel is a gentle rocking....we had a day and a half of insanely rough water and there wasn't a place on the ship you could escape it....I'm not saying that to scare you....I'm a veteran cruiser and I've never ever seen anything like our first two days at sea...I think it was a fluke.....if you have any questions about the ship....feel free to ask.....Debbie

Well...

Called RCCL and asked them about it. It's a Category Q, with two extra "pullman beds" available. However, these fold-down beds have a weight maximum, and quite frankly, I'm terrified of them. I was told, however, that I (or one of the other two ladies) can request a rollaway bed or request that the sofa be made up as a bed, if one of us fits on it.

Well...

Called RCCL and asked them about it. It's a Category Q, with two extra "pullman beds" available. However, these fold-down beds have a weight maximum, and quite frankly, I'm terrified of them. I was told, however, that I (or one of the other two ladies) can request a rollaway bed or request that the sofa be made up as a bed, if one of us fits on it.

Do Not always believe what the RCCL customer service representatives tell you over the phone. I bet you most of them have never taken a cruise.

The deck plans on RCCL website show this cabin just about as far forward as you can get as a Category Q with two pullman beds. There is no room to add a rollaway bed (well maybe if they remove some of the furniture). The "sofa" is a glorified chair missing the arm on one side.

I sailed on the Enchantment in stateroom 3623. Basically the same in size. (we didn't have the pullman beds). The "sofa" would barely fit two people sitting on it. Maybe a very small child could sleep on it. I do not know where a rollaway bed could fit in the inside cabins. We could barely have two people standing in the room at the same time. The cabin served are purposes well for a quick 4-nighter. We were only in the room to get dress and sleep.

Here's why I'm concerned...

1. One of my cabin-mates has spina bifida. She can and does walk unassisted; however, I wouldn't even think that she would attempt a top bunk. I don't know a thing about my other cabin-mate, though. She might not have a problem with an upper berth.

2. While I am able-bodied, I'm also overweight. How overweight, I'd rather not say, but I'm a little concerned about those Pullmans.

Archived