If you don't like large groups on your cruise..

pppiglet

I was trying to find out if there will be any groups on my cruise on the Miracle, August 15, 2007. I found a group called The Monster Crew that will be on the ship. Does anyone know what this group is? I have been unable to figure that out.:confused:

Monsters in the morning (radio)

Monster garage (tv)

Monster limo (tv I think)

Too many monster crews.

I'm betting on Monsters in the Morning - radio. I used to live in FL and listened to them faithfully - they are a hoot! They are out of Orlando. If in fact it is them, I would expect LOTS of drinking and partying - people from all walks between the ages of 20 and 50.

I'm betting on Monsters in the Morning - radio. I used to live in FL and listened to them faithfully - they are a hoot! They are out of Orlando. If in fact it is them, I would expect LOTS of drinking and partying - people from all walks between the ages of 20 and 50.

That was my first thought too, especially since the Fiasco morning show did a cruise in October and it went so well they have already planned a second one for next year.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

the 02/10/07 Fantasy out of New Orleans. It is a singles group. I checked out the website and it looks like a travel agency that specializes in singles cruises. That is benign enough and didn't send up any big red flags to me. Their website also had some pictures from past cruises and their people look like regular folks -- no pitchforks or horns or nothing.:p

Mystery Solved!!! A friend of mine was helping me out trying to figure out what kind of group the Monster Crew was. Turns out it is a group of families from NJ or NY (I forget which) that are just getting together and thought it would be a cute name for themselves.......Now, after my friend explained my fears, I'm sure they are having a good laugh! Happy Cruising all!:)

We had a whole lot of Red hatters on Glory last week, they really weren't bad at all. They had the White Heat disco closed alot for their stuff but it was fun seeing all the different things they made out of purple and red. It was not bad!:eek:

My husband and I, along with 12 of our friends, are planning to cruise on Glory in March 2007...we've had it booked for 2 years...sooo looking forward to it. Do you mean that the disco can be closed at night for private parties? We all really enjoy the disco after seeing a show and would be so dissappointed if it were closed!!! This seems very unfair to close a section of the ship for one group. :( I'm usually a lurker but this concerned me, so I registered in order to ask this question.

Amy

My husband and I, along with 12 of our friends, are planning to cruise on Glory in March 2007...we've had it booked for 2 years...sooo looking forward to it. Do you mean that the disco can be closed at night for private parties? We all really enjoy the disco after seeing a show and would be so dissappointed if it were closed!!! This seems very unfair to close a section of the ship for one group. :( I'm usually a lurker but this concerned me, so I registered in order to ask this question.

Amy

Just down the hall from the Disco on the Glory is another bar--I believe it's called Bar Blue-that has a Manilla band playing and dancing every night. FUN, FUN, FUN--if the disco is closed go there.

Plus I'm pretty sure the disco wouldn't stay closed all evening--it would probably open back up at a later hour.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Thanks so much for putting my mind at ease!

Amy

Private functions are held during the day and early evening. The would ship never close such a popular venue to the public during regular operating hours.

Do the DISCO!!!!!

[quote=CRUZIN' SUZIN]Private functions are held during the day and early evening. The would ship never close such a popular venue to the public during regular operating hours.

Do the DISCO!!!!![/quote]

Sure they would. They did it on the Conquest in October... shut it down for the whole night... for the CREW of all people :eek:

[quote name='AWhippet1']My husband and I, along with 12 of our friends, are planning to cruise on Glory in March 2007...we've had it booked for 2 years...sooo looking forward to it. Do you mean that the disco can be closed at night for private parties? We all really enjoy the disco after seeing a show and would be so dissappointed if it were closed!!! This seems very unfair to close a section of the ship for one group. :( I'm usually a lurker but this concerned me, so I registered in order to ask this question.

Amy[/quote]

Any group can rent out any of the public rooms during off hours. They COULD rent it during peak hours, but it's expensive as all get out. I think renting the nightclub on Inspiration for after hours 3am-6am was almost double what renting the back lounge was for 12am-3am.

Just a little correction... as I was serverly corrected by my daughter and her friend...

Its is NOT cool to call these types of people Goth anymore...the new thing is EMO.

Emo is short for "Emotional" :rolleyes: and that they are MUCH more in tune with and feel MORE emotional then those old timer Goth types..

My upcoming cruise is chartered so the whole ship will be one big group. It will be interesting to see how things go. Like if I will be missing out on normal cruise activities that I enjoy to make room for the entertainment. Which, I am sure will be fine. :) I just worry the events may cut into my nap time.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
[quote name='GoinCruisin']Sure they would. They did it on the Conquest in October... shut it down for the whole night... for the CREW of all people :eek:[/quote]

Did they have an alternative venue for the disco-ers for the night?

[quote=CRUZIN' SUZIN]Did they have an alternative venue for the disco-ers for the night?[/quote]

Not really... I mean, the other bars were open, so you could go there... but they didn't turn any of the other places into a disco or keep any of the other bars open later.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
[quote name='GoinCruisin']Not really... I mean, the other bars were open, so you could go there... but they didn't turn any of the other places into a disco or keep any of the other bars open later.[/quote]

Well that just sucks!!!:mad:

[quote name='river_sand_bar2']Just a little correction... as I was serverly corrected by my daughter and her friend...

Its is NOT cool to call these types of people Goth anymore...the new thing is EMO.

Emo is short for "Emotional" :rolleyes: and that they are MUCH more in tune with and feel MORE emotional then those old timer Goth types..[/quote]

Yes...Emo and Industrial is what DS's GF is. She's 19. It was advertised as Gothic in the magazine. Guess they aren't with the times yet! :D

Archived