If you don't like large groups on your cruise..

pppiglet

You might want to avoid this one. Carnival Glory Oct. 6 2007. (Western) I accidently found this listed and thought it might help some of you that like to avoid this type of thing or you might want to join them!

This cruise is posted in all the Goth magazines and is also having a masquerade Goth night and other events.

OMG!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: . Even though I wouldn't book this one, not in my time frame, Thank you. He!! don't tell my son and his GF. A Goth cruise, is nothing sacred!!!!!!!!!! I pity the ship and the crew. Geeze is this the last cruise for the Glory before dry dock. If not, it should be.

Isn't every night masquerade Goth night?

Hee Hee...That's why I was warning everyone. They usually wear all that stuff all the time! I think that would make the cruise a little depressing seeing all the black dress all day and night.

You might want to avoid this one. Carnival Glory Oct. 6 2007. (Western) I accidently found this listed and thought it might help some of you that like to avoid this type of thing or you might want to join them!

This cruise is posted in all the Goth magazines and is also having a masquerade Goth night and other events.

Timing on this is bad since we will just be getting back from the Imagination, but for those into industrial music this would probably be a blast!

And I'm willing to bet it draws a much more interesting goth/indie crowd than the stereotyped all black teenager.

Thank you for your post. pls pass along similar info if you happen to come across it. i know that i really appreciate it! this wld not be how i'd want to spend my family vacation w/ my DH and kids. thanks again.

GothCruise4 will be on the Explorer of the Seas on Oct 27th. Not much info about this cruise though. At least I know DJ Stev can keep a party hopping on the other cruise.

Oh the horror!!!! :rolleyes:

Please let us know when the "Red Hat" cult is cruising.

That is one I would want to avoid...LOL :p

You've never partied with real Red Hatters in that case! They are, in general, old enough not to care what anyone else thinks of them or how they should act, and young enough to act as they please :eek:

Well i bet there will be plenty of deck chairs available around the pool lol

Yeah, but I do feel sorry for anyone on the top level of cabins, because I suspect the party will go from dusk till dawn almost every night, especially since they plan on having the pool open at night. Something I really wish they would do on more cruises since I am far more of the dusk till dawn crowd myself when I can get away with it.

Timing on this is bad since we will just be getting back from the Imagination, but for those into industrial music this would probably be a blast!

And I'm willing to bet it draws a much more interesting goth/indie crowd than the stereotyped all black teenager.

You are probably right. My sons' girlfriend is Goth. She's the one that showed me the add for the cruise. She wants to go, but she doesn't have a job to pay for it. They are into the industrial music and it's a music genre travel agency that is doing the reservations.

Yeah, but I do feel sorry for anyone on the top level of cabins, because I suspect the party will go from dusk till dawn almost every night, especially since they plan on having the pool open at night. Something I really wish they would do on more cruises since I am far more of the dusk till dawn crowd myself when I can get away with it.

Right again here too. They are definately night people. They worked the "Halloween Haunt" at Knott's Berry Farm this year too.

It's to bad that Cruise Critic can't put a "sticky" on this topic to simply list "group cruises" that people have found. (not any conversation about "right or wrong" or anything like that....information of the cruise only!)

pleeaasseee....... :)

Thanks for the info..nothing against Goth its what they like and who am I to judge..hope they have a good time.

I am glad this isnt a cruise I would be on though (not because its goth but rather its a themed cruise and will be set for the theme . which would be a bit out of place)

Oh the horror!!!! :rolleyes:

Please let us know when the "Red Hat" cult is cruising.

That is one I would want to avoid...LOL :p

We had a whole lot of Red hatters on Glory last week, they really weren't bad at all. They had the White Heat disco closed alot for their stuff but it was fun seeing all the different things they made out of purple and red. It was not bad!:eek:

Just asking. Don't flame please.

It's probably stereotypical of me, but, most people I've seen who were "Goth" were young teenagers who phased out of this in their late teens or early 20's. With that said, how are they getting around the age requirement for booking cabins?

It's to bad that Cruise Critic can't put a "sticky" on this topic to simply list "group cruises" that people have found. (not any conversation about "right or wrong" or anything like that....information of the cruise only!)

pleeaasseee....... :)

They have a section for themes that is mainly where group cruises like this are discussed.

Just asking. Don't flame please.

It's probably stereotypical of me, but, most people I've seen who were "Goth" were young teenagers who phased out of this in their late teens or early 20's. With that said, how are they getting around the age requirement for booking cabins?

Many of the people who are really into the scene are the 20something and 30something crowd. Most of the teen crowd is just doing the rebelling thing. And many people don't really know goth even when they see it, take a look in a Hot Topic sometime and then look around at how many people are wearing similar things day to day. Now imagine what they wear to clubs...

I was trying to find out if there will be any groups on my cruise on the Miracle, August 15, 2007. I found a group called The Monster Crew that will be on the ship. Does anyone know what this group is? I have been unable to figure that out.:confused:

Archived