Starting to get media attention elsewhere

Eleris

If you go to any US news site you will find a headline "Norovirus likely caused Olive Garden outbreak". Over 370 people have become ill. I for one am glad this is not be overlooked and tagged to just cruising. We all know it is out there but this is the first time I have seen media attention that didn't have a cruise ship involved.

Point of information - although we keep saying 'Norovirus', this is not just one virus but, rather, a group of virused that cause gastrointestinal disease.I suggest that everyone read the Announcement that LauraS has posted at the top of this board for good information

Norovirus is pretty awful. I had it on a cruise a few years ago. My best friend's entire family had it over Thanksgiving. We are hoping my grandmother doesn't get it. She is at one of the nursing homes in Wheeling that "theDuffys" are talking about!

Kelly

Tis that time of year. :( I just got over a horrible case of a stomach flu right after Thanksgiving. It was absolutely the worse case I had EVER had in over 45+ yrs. I was laid up for 6 days and very weak after.

I work in a health care setting and know I caught it from a patient I was caring for--even though I wore gloves/mask and washed washed washed.

Sometimes stuff just happens regardless of precautions--and stuff happened. :rolleyes: The good part is no one I live with,anyone I took care of or work with caught it from me.

Thank you. Her name is Doris, and she is at Bishop Hodges. Luckily she doesn't have it, yet. Hopefully she won't get it. I haven't seen her since August. I only make it home to Wheeling a few times a year. Thanks again! What a small world Cruise Critic can be!

Kelly

• 3 weeks later...

Archived