HAL & Venice

Jemima

Our cruise will be ending in Venice. We have HAL air and are not planning extra days in Venice. We do want to see a little of Venice, but the shore excursion with transfer is for flights after 5 pm. This doesn't make sense to me as I'd expect flights to leave before that time. Has anyone flown back from Venice the same day and did you have a chance to see any of it?

Our cruise will be ending in Venice. We have HAL air and are not planning extra days in Venice. We do want to see a little of Venice, but the shore excursion with transfer is for flights after 5 pm. This doesn't make sense to me as I'd expect flights to leave before that time. Has anyone flown back from Venice the same day and did you have a chance to see any of it?

Yes, we have but it depends what time your flight leaves Venice. (Ours left at 1845/ 6:45 PM) - After disembarking Rotterdam, we took the HAL transfer bus to Marco Polo Airport (have also taken a taxi since that first visit. We used lockers at the airport to store our luggage and then took the Alilaguna Lines waterbus (they have a drop off/pick up at the airport - see http://www.alilaguna.it/?lang=en) through the lagoon back to St. Marks's square. Had lunch and spent a great afternoon in Venice. Took the waterbus back to Marco Polo in time for our flight to Madrid. Worked out great! Good luck to you!

Venice is such a beautiful city. If you only have a half-day there, definately wander around St. Mark's square & area - the Doge's Palace & Bridge of Sighs are near here.

If it's at all possible though, I'd stay one night there and leave on a flight the next morning. I've been there twice now and I still feel like I haven't seen/done everything. It's one of those rare places where you drag your heels all the way to the airport because you simply don't want to leave.

Archived