Anyone order Celebrity's Celebration Packages?

SusieV

If so, were you satisfied? A friend is thinking of buying the premium package for us as an anniversary gift.

Hi Susiev,

With regards your question abut Celebrity packages IMHO I would say NO!

I purchased two packages last month, one as an early Christmas present for my sister & one for myself.

I did this last year on P&O and the package included a 50 minute massage, a photograph, champers on arrival and another with breakfast one day during the cruise. We really enjoyed this package and I decided to do it again last month on the Summit.

I chose the Anniversary package which included:-Includes Laurent Perrier Rose nv champagne breakfast for two delivered to your stateroom; pre-dinner canapés for two formal nights; 8"X10" portrait photograph; seasonal flower arrangement; after-dinner chocolate-dipped strawberries for two formal nights; and two 100% Egyptian cotton bathrobes.

Reason I didn't like this package:-

1) The Champagne was in our stateroom on arrival....none with breakfast! We were given an order form for our "special" breakfast and as it turned out, it was EXACTLY the same that ANY passenger can order every single day! nothing special about it....to be honest, it wasn't very good!

2) Our "pre-dinner" canapes were stale!

3) Seasonal flowers.......my sisters died after "ONE" day! They were replaced and lasted another two days only. They were roses which wilted in the heat.....well they would! I'd have thought they would have been a bit more exotic and would have been able to last for most of the cruise. Last years basket lasted 11 days, this years "display" was around 4 flowers in a vase.....that was it!

4) Our "after-dinner" strawberries apeared on our bed when we got in late that night and to be honest, the last thing I wanted to eat at that time of night.

5) Finally, the robes......they seem fine BUT they were a huge mistake on my part, they would not fit in our already bulging suitcase for the flight home to the UK!!! I had to borrow a very large canvas bag from a friend and packed all four robes up in the bag and thankfully, the airline didn't charge us for having another bag (we were only allowed one piece of luggage each).

This package cost me $275 each and basically all we received was a bottle of champagne, a photo at $24.99 and two robes costing $39 each.....worth the $275, don't think so!

I have no experience of any other packages as that's the only one I've had but I certainly would never buy another one from Celebrity I'm afraid!

Archived