Couple of questions about Rhapsody

We are booked on Rhapsody in April and I’m not able to find any pictures, or at least any other than what is on RCCLs web site, of the Royal Family Suite. Does anyone have any they can send me or suggest a web site that might have some?

Also, does anyone have any Galveston hotel suggestions? We usually cruise out of Florida and stay close to the port, but have never cruise out of Galveston so we are unfamiliar with what hotels are close to the port.

Thank You

We are booked on Rhapsody in April and I’m not able to find any pictures, or at least any other than what is on RCCLs web site, of the Royal Family Suite. Does anyone have any they can send me or suggest a web site that might have some?

Also, does anyone have any Galveston hotel suggestions? We usually cruise out of Florida and stay close to the port, but have never cruise out of Galveston so we are unfamiliar with what hotels are close to the port.

Thank You

For pictures (1000's) go to webshots.com, search for Rhapsody of Seas pictures, lots are there. You can add keyword like cabin 8544, and it sorts for cabin pictures(many different cabins). We are on ROS 4/29/07 in a D1 cabin. Is that your cruise?

For hotel suggestions, try CC thread for gulfcoast ports, CC thread for roll call your ship and date, or tripadvisor.com.

For our cruise, we booked a priceline hotel in Houston. Good deal. See what others have done and decide.

If you are C & A members, join the meet and mingle for your date. Post questions there.

Hotel Galvez, down to Holiday Inn. Do a google search for Galveston, it will give you a ton. The Tremont. Harbor House (next to the ship). Lots to see, lots to do. Wide price range.

If you are flying see if it can be arranged to fly into Hobby, not Bush International. 1.5 hours closer to Galveston.

Hotel Galvez, down to Holiday Inn. Do a google search for Galveston, it will give you a ton. The Tremont. Harbor House (next to the ship). Lots to see, lots to do. Wide price range.

If you are flying see if it can be arranged to fly into Hobby, not Bush International. 1.5 hours closer to Galveston.

We are flying Southwest into Hobby. Lowest price I could find.

IF you stay at Hotel Tremont of the Galvez, be SURE to join the Wyndham-By_Request club (or whatever the darn thing is called - can't remember right now). We did that and I had heard that rooms at the Tremont were small, but we got a HUGE room and also had a basket of goodies (water, soda, snacks) and a Newspaper delivered to our room.

The Tremont is GORGEOUS and looks like a 1880s hotel built brand new today. And the staff is extraordinarily friendly and helpful. We loved it.

Thank You

First, galveston.com has many links to hotels. The beach water will be a little cool, so hotel pools might be the order of the day. Many of the chains have a site in Galveston. We like the San Luis. It's on the seawall and the dining around it are nice. It's a 5 min cab ride the next morning. (it's a 30 min ride from my driveway!)

Here is my photo link with photos of suite 8020. We really liked the room, but the balcony is a little small compared to the other suites.

http://community.webshots.com/user/blusry

The ship is very nice, we've sailed her several times and are going again in June.

Thanks for the info everyone. We are booked on the 4/22/07 cruise traveling with our 2 sons, 1 and 3 y/o so the Family Suite was good find for us. We have cruised many times out of Florida, but this will be our first out of Galveston. We now live in Dallas so Galveston makes more sense for us. We cruised Grandeur of the Seas is 1997 or 1998, but that was out of Miami. We are a little concerned about the age of the ship, but so far, the reviews look pretty good.

Thanks again for the information.

If you are looking for an inexpenisve Galveston Hotel try Motel 8 - a cab ride from there to the pier is about $15 - its okay, clean, nothing fancy. A new inexpensive hotel is Baymont Inns and Suites. I stayed at Motel 8 for like $50 a night... If you want to stay right by the pier then try the Harbor House, I've never stayed there, but would love to -

We have rotated between Harbor House and Hotel Galvez. Prices jump around depending on time of year.

Harbor House - right by the pier but is too long to walk with luggage and kids. About a $5 cab ride. Many restaurants within walking distance and the Strand is also walking distance. You also have pool privileges at Hotel Galvez. Harbor House is very simple - the rooms are large, tiny "lobby", no on site restaurant but they do a continental breakfast. Will do cruise parking for you for either free or $20 - again, depending on time of year. Private parking lot - uncovered.

Hotel Galvez - very elegant and old world charm. Rooms vary from small to large. Rates vary. Beautiful pool and is located on the Seawall - most restaurants and shops are anywhere from a drive down the street to a walk ranging from long to short. Cruise parking is covered and they provide a shuttle to the pier.

Both can be booked on line. Hope this helps!

Archived