NCL Jewel: AB Cabin Noise?

212cruiser

We are considering booking a stateroom on Deck 11, forward, port side. These cabins all happen to be under the fitness center on Deck 12 of the Jewel. If anyone has stayed in one of those rooms, can you tell me whether or not you heard any noise from the fitness center above them, or any other noises.

Thanks!

We stayed in 11530 on the Jewel last March and there was one big issue with noise, but it had nothing to do with the fitness club. We were below the pool and every night at about 2am, they cleaned down the pool area with a very high powered water hose and the water pump for that hose was right above our cabin and was VERY loud as it went on and off. We complained a lot and nothing was done, but I guess they have to clean the pool area. Other than that nightly annoyance, there were no other noise issues. But, it was worth it -- the AB was fantastic and we are stayin in an AB on the Pearl in March.

We stayed in 11530 on the Jewel last March and there was one big issue with noise, but it had nothing to do with the fitness club. We were below the pool and every night at about 2am, they cleaned down the pool area with a very high powered water hose and the water pump for that hose was right above our cabin and was VERY loud as it went on and off. We complained a lot and nothing was done, but I guess they have to clean the pool area. Other than that nightly annoyance, there were no other noise issues. But, it was worth it -- the AB was fantastic and we are stayin in an AB on the Pearl in March.

Thanks for the reply. Another board posted that someone experienced the slight noise of deck chairs above them.

Great news on your next cruise! Without giving out the specific number, which AB did you choose?

We are leaving 12/24 and 11530 is our cabin. We are traveling with a group for my BIL's birthday, so we took that cabin (they are in 11018, etc.) on the other side because I was worried about noise for the birthday boy and his family. Can you please tell me how bad was the noise..............and how long did it go on (how many minutes?). Guess I'll make sure to take my Tylenol PM!

Anything else you can share about that specific cabin location? Movement felt on ship? We've never stayed forward. Elevators, etc.

I'm very excited and now a little bummed about our cabin. I was trying to be optimistic because it appeared by the map that we were on the very tip of the pool, so I thought we'd escape the noise.

Oh well..............cruising with noise is better than not cruising at all, right??:p

Ok - please don't let this concern you or ruin your trip. The AB suite is absolutely fantastic and you will love it so much. First of all, this noise happened last March, so maybe they have done something about it since then. When it happened, it happened every night about 1 or 2am when they cleaned down the pool deck and lasted about 30-45 minutes. Other than that, there were no issues - no problems with movement. Location was perfectly fine. Have fun and don't worry.

Archived