Pineapple Resort & What is the Cost of a TAXI??

Deb&Bert

We have a group going on the DESTINY the week of JAN. 21st

Pineapple sent me email says WE ARE GOLD!!!!!! YAHOOOOO

Very very nice people.. Sent me email about 2 months ago and said

we had to wait to get within 2 weeks...

AND THEN A WONDERFUL SUPRISE CAME this week says we are

good for 26 people....

VERY NICE and we can't wait...

DOES anyone KNOW what the TAXI price is gonna be to get to the

resort>>>???? ANd is the price EACH WAY?????

Do they have vans were we can get more into one van????

Do they wait?? OR they will return at a time to pick us back up???

As always THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!!

I hope this is of great help to you all. Myself and a group of 17 used Scenic Tours Antigua in to the same hotel and got a pretty good deal. We were charged $15 roun trip and the kids were $10 (is under 10 years old). The driver Sean was really friendly and funny. Getting trabsportation can be a bit tricky sometimes but we were able to give him a pick up time and he was punctual. The ride was comfortable too (thank god for the AC ). Sean was refered to us by co-workers so we were lucky. I believe you can also contact him at seanscenic@gmail.com. I'll double check that with friends and post any corrections later. I've forgotten the website, but, I believe he has one.

Hope this was of help. He's a really nice guy.Let me know how it all works out. Now for a favor, does anyone have any tips or opionions on Aruba and any particularly good/worthwhile tours?

Vacaqueen.

My husband and I will be there 1/24/07. I emailed Pineapple Resort on Friday about us getting day passes. I havent heard back from them. How long do you think it should take.

I am concerned with what the cost by cab might be. I am reading different things.

We just returned from the Grand Pineapple Beach resort. The taxi fare was $9.00 per person and the ride is about 25 minutes. We arranged the taxi at the taxi stand near the pier. The resort was well worth it. Everyone in our party agreed that this was one of the nicest days on our trip. The beach was beautiful. All our drinks were included as well as a very nice buffet lunch. Have a great day.

We just returned from the Grand Pineapple Beach resort. The taxi fare was $9.00 per person and the ride is about 25 minutes. We arranged the taxi at the taxi stand near the pier. The resort was well worth it. Everyone in our party agreed that this was one of the nicest days on our trip. The beach was beautiful. All our drinks were included as well as a very nice buffet lunch. Have a great day.

How much did your day pass cost? Els:o)

Our day pass was $45.00 per person and there is an additional 10percent service charge. Considering how nice the day was everyone in our group thought it was money well spent. We had the beach to ourselves, plenty of lounge chairs, drinks, clean restrooms and a very nice lunch. Often excursions on the boat cost more and you end up with a large group. You will have a wonderful time.

Our day pass was $45.00 per person and there is an additional 10percent service charge. Considering how nice the day was everyone in our group thought it was money well spent. We had the beach to ourselves, plenty of lounge chairs, drinks, clean restrooms and a very nice lunch. Often excursions on the boat cost more and you end up with a large group. You will have a wonderful time.

Hello. I REALLY need help here! We have day passes for Pineapple in about 12 days! However, today the resort told us from the pire a taxi will cost us $55 to $70 for the cab ride EACH WAY. If this is the case, for two of us it is not worth the trip as it adds so much to the cost.

Can someone (Casey 26) please help me? At the pier, is there a way to share cabs or a van(I've check on the roll call board but so far no takers from my cruise). What is the actual price for two people for a cab? Is it just cheaper/easier to rent a car? Thanks for the reply!

HiYa lawgirl.....I wondered if you'd missed this post...casey says $9.00 pp for the cab ride and it was arranged at the pier. Seems like a good deal to me! Have a great day. :)

HiYa lawgirl.....I wondered if you'd missed this post...casey says $9.00 pp for the cab ride and it was arranged at the pier. Seems like a good deal to me! Have a great day. :)

That's $9.00 per person, one way, not round trip...right?

I don't know where the resort is coming up with a rate that high. Possibly they are giving you the price for a van load of people. We arranged the taxi at the taxi stand right near the pier. Our group was 9 people and we also took another family of four with us. Each person was $ 9.00 for a one way trip. We made arrangements for all of us to come back together and our driver returned for us at 3:15. THere is a public beach, I believe called Long Bay or Long Beach right next to the resort so it should not be a problem sharing a taxi/van with others going to that general area. Good luck

I emailed the resort yesterday to reserve a spot for my husband and I and they responded back with the confirmation within 20 minutes. They did not ask for a credit card just pay when you show up. I guess we will try to find a resonable taxi ride from the pier. We will be there on the Pearl Mar 8 07.

Can someone either post or email to me (kdzgon@yahoo.com) the correct email assress to arrange passes? I sent an email request but it was returned with a delivery failure notice.

Also, do I understand correctly that alcoholic drinks are included? Are there jet skis available to rent here? Is this a good choice for children (2,3 and 3 yrs old).

Thanks so much!

Casey 26, thanks for the info. The resort said the $70 was for a taxi with up to four people one way -- I think maybe your rate of $9 per person was so good because you had so many people --13 people ??? Did you all go in a van together??? Anyhow, I've seen other posts on this board with significantly higher taxi rates as well. We may just end up renting a car because I am concerned about finding someone to share a taxi with and paying so much. Thanks for the info!

Hey Lawgirl,

I actually gave some info to debandbert about the fare. $9 is still high. I was advised by coworkers who had the same problem to use Sean (great guy) who gave us a price of $15 return with kids under 10 at $10 and we had a group of 17 . I honestly don't think it was based ion the no. of people, but, youshould contact him....also, it's a bit dodgy sonmetimes at the port. He's punctual and has a nice air conditioned bus whixh made a huge difference. His info is seanscenictours@gmail.com. Good Luck.

• 3 weeks later...

We will be on the Jewel on March 4 and in Antiuga on March 7.

I emailed Pineaple Beach Resort and booked day passed ..no card # was given...They too gave me an outrageous price for a cab...so I emailed Sean at Scenic tours and he is picking us up and taking us to the resort for $15.00 return ,,,there are ony 4 of us...he has a 30 seater bus...

Vacaqueen, We rented a jeep and did our own jeep tour on the deserty side of island. Just a bit of advice.....check out your car rental thoroughly, 15 minutes out, we had a flat tire, and half-way thru our trip we discoverd that we had no brake lights, after we almost got rear-ended. Island is safe to drive around, however check your vehicle. Do you homework as always!

I hope this is of great help to you all. Myself and a group of 17 used Scenic Tours Antigua in to the same hotel and got a pretty good deal. We were charged $15 roun trip and the kids were $10 (is under 10 years old). The driver Sean was really friendly and funny. Getting trabsportation can be a bit tricky sometimes but we were able to give him a pick up time and he was punctual. The ride was comfortable too (thank god for the AC ). Sean was refered to us by co-workers so we were lucky. I believe you can also contact him at seanscenic@gmail.com. I'll double check that with friends and post any corrections later. I've forgotten the website, but, I believe he has one.

Hope this was of help. He's a really nice guy.Let me know how it all works out. Now for a favor, does anyone have any tips or opionions on Aruba and any particularly good/worthwhile tours?

Vacaqueen.

Archived