BC Guarantee - assigned one of the four cabins!

torybruno

My parents are going on the Rotterdam next week and I am just wondering what they should expect from one of these cabins. They are at the front of the ship. European Capitals tour for 16 days.

Will their view be obstructed? Is theirs the first balcony? It looks like a handicap room next to their room. Is that a stairway next to their balcony?

They were originally booked in a nice mid-ship cat D. Holland America offered them a BC guarantee when a price drop came along, and told them there is only four of these cabins and everyone that books these cabins never ends up with them. Ship is sold out.

They booked thru HAL and have had nothing but problems with this reservation. Last week when they got their cruise docs, they ended up with Alaskan cruise docs for a different customer in California!

:)

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=magenta]That is a handicapped room next to theirs. They have the first room with a balcony. Those are stairs right on the other side of the partion.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff][/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff]Obstructed views - shouldn't be any different than any other cabin with a balcony.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff][/color][/font]
:)

Torybruno:
I booked with VTG for the Zaandam and they told me the same thing about only a few BC cabins--almost certain to be an upgrade...I got BC.

I am sorry to hear that you have had such trauma so far---but I am sure that
they will have at great time--after all--they will be on a cruise!!!

If they booked a guarantee, then that's all the ship has to provide. The main "rule" with a guarantee is to not book one you wouldn't be happy with. Just out of curiosity, did HAL really tell them that "everyone that books these cabins never ends up with them"? Or might it have been something along the lines of "most who book never end up with them"?

Archived