NCL Free Cruise Contest

ahoughton

I am still in the exact same boat - Have been most of the week

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --><configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web></configuration>

I was unable to get in this week until I went into my "tools" to "internet options" to "delete cookies"

Problem then became that I have to relog into many internet sites that had been set to "remember me". It's tough remembering some of those passwords (that may have been set years ago)

I never had any problems entering the previous contest. But as some may recall, I could never win either!

-Monte

I was unable to get in this week until I went into my "tools" to "internet options" to "delete cookies"

Problem then became that I have to relog into many internet sites that had been set to "remember me". It's tough remembering some of those passwords (that may have been set years ago)

I never had any problems entering the previous contest. But as some may recall, I could never win either!

-Monte

Maybe we'll have better odds at winning since it appears that many people can't enter.:D

As Monte did, I cleaned cookies and temp files and have had no problems since. I use IE 7.0.5730.11 (the newest one with my favorites open windows on 1 page)

Monte, maybe that is why you did not win before, you were never entering, it was all an illusion:D

You should have kept quiet. Now you have all this competition. You should have waited til you won to give us the advise.

That's all right. If only myself and 7 other people entered for a week, I'd be the one that at least didn't win the daily prize. And I'm pretty sure a lot more than that are entering. LOL

We don't have any cruises planned for 07 as we're doing 2 weeks on land--BUT--We're taking my SIL with us to Alaska (probably May 08) and then the wife & I plan on doing the Caribbean the 2nd week of Dec '08. We really enjoy cruising in the warm when it's cold at home (and besides, that week in Dec is usually one of the cheapest of the year). So at least '08 is shaping up to be a good cruising year.

Are you guys going to be able to use your cruise from the previous contest? It's sad that so many don't seem to be able to. :(

-Monte

As Monte did, I cleaned cookies and temp files and have had no problems since. I use IE 7.0.5730.11 (the newest one with my favorites open windows on 1 page)

A little off topic but how do you like the IE 7.0? I've heard others were having problems with it, so I didn't accept the upgrade to it this morning.

A little off topic but how do you like the IE 7.0? I've heard others were having problems with it, so I didn't accept the upgrade to it this morning.

We received notices about 2 months ago for the download but my DH said wait awhile. About 3 weeks ago, he downloaded it after talking to his IT people.

I wasn't sure when my DH downloaded it on my laptop before his(work). But it runs smooth with no biggie problems. I am able to open all my favorites and tab them across the top of the page and go back and forth between them. Or have them all open on one page in smaller windows. So far we both like it. My DH works for a large main frame computer company so he tests on my laptop and learns the newer IE's on it. Company IT people say it can be used on his but he is restricted on downloading until they download it. (He needs to be able to interact with main frames on his laptop)

All in all, it is great and easy to use.:)

ps--the security is much better and safer on the 7.0.

We received notices about 2 months ago for the download but my DH said wait awhile. About 3 weeks ago, he downloaded it after talking to his IT people.

I wasn't sure when my DH downloaded it on my laptop before his(work). But it runs smooth with no biggie problems. I am able to open all my favorites and tab them across the top of the page and go back and forth between them. Or have them all open on one page in smaller windows. So far we both like it. My DH works for a large main frame computer company so he tests on my laptop and learns the newer IE's on it. Company IT people say it can be used on his but he is restricted on downloading until they download it. (He needs to be able to interact with main frames on his laptop)

All in all, it is great and easy to use.:)

ps--the security is much better and safer on the 7.0.

Thanks for the information, I guess I'll take the leap and go ahead and download it soon.

Are you guys going to be able to use your cruise from the previous contest? It's sad that so many don't seem to be able to. :(

-Monte[/quote

Because of the "extra" charges we won't be using our "FREE" cruise. The value was listed as $1400 (for the room), but that is nowhere near what the cost is, and the rest of the "value" of the cruise win is NCL's. Dissapointing but.....

Carole-Anne

We are planning to take our cruise. The $1400 value is the brochure price which nobody pays anymore. Still paying the port charges and taxes won't be bad. We drive down and plan to add a short cruise either before or after to make it worth the trip. We have not sent our requested dates back in. They did extend the dates to include the fall of "07" so we don't have to complete by 3/31/07 as stated in the rules.

Not cruise related at all...But how on earth do you change your start up page with IE 7.....I am traditionally an AOL user...But we are fixing to go to a 3 in one internet/phone/cable thing,so I wont be using AOL anymore...Right now we have DSL with Verizon,but still use AOL....

In trying to use IE 7 to see how I would like it..My default home page is webshots...And I cannot figure out how to change it,except to use their Yahoo start-up page which I despise..

Thanks....for staying on topic...Happy Cruisin..and good luck with the contest

Not cruise related at all...But how on earth do you change your start up page with IE 7.....I am traditionally an AOL user...But we are fixing to go to a 3 in one internet/phone/cable thing,so I wont be using AOL anymore...Right now we have DSL with Verizon,but still use AOL....

In trying to use IE 7 to see how I would like it..My default home page is webshots...And I cannot figure out how to change it,except to use their Yahoo start-up page which I despise..

Thanks....for staying on topic...Happy Cruisin..and good luck with the contest

Go "Tools", then "Internet options". Type in your new Home Page address.

Archived