full ship?

dmdiver

when i go onto carnival, travelocity, *****, etc., none of them will pull up elation's 8/8/04 sailing anymore. does this definitely mean the ship is full, or is it customary to discontinue web postings this close to the sail date?

i have heard that since 9/11 all bookings MUST stop 2 weeks prior to the sailing and no new bookings will be accepted. not sure if this is fact..but what i have heard/read. since this weekend will be 2 weeks prior...maybe they shut down the online sites first...just guessing?

Three sailings of the Destiny for September 2005 have also vanished. There are only a couple of websites where they are still showing as available. I sent Carnival an e-mail and a week later I got one back saying I should call them. I'm not ready to book so I haven't called yet.

Carnival told me that when a cruise is sold out they remove it from there website, some on line agencies tell you to call when sold out

My 10/26/04 cruise on the Legend is sold out Cruise 411 and Orbitz tell you to call for this cruise

95-Big Red Boat

99-Nordic Empress

00-Galaxy

02-Mercury

02-Majesty of the seas

03-Norwegian Sky

03-Century

04-Galaxy

when i go onto carnival, travelocity, *****, etc., none of them will pull up elation's 8/8/04 sailing anymore. does this definitely mean the ship is full, or is it customary to discontinue web postings this close to the sail date?

If this is the sailing you really need, then keep trying all the different internet cruise stores- most of them advertise on this message board. They usually get a set amount of cabins per sailing, so their particular amount may not be booked already even though the cabins show sold out. This close to sailing you may just be out of luck, but it's worth a little more research if those dates are important to you.

I'm guessing that it's very popular because it's close to when all the kids have to go back to school, so family vacations are coming to an end too.

i have heard that since 9/11 all bookings MUST stop 2 weeks prior to the sailing and no new bookings will be accepted. not sure if this is fact..but what i have heard/read. since this weekend will be 2 weeks prior...maybe they shut down the online sites first...just guessing?

NONSENSE!!! Cruise411.com is offering last minute bookings for cruises available as soon as 7/24/04. There are still cabins available and being offered on our departure on the Conquest on 8/1/04 (we checked to see if the rates dropped or went up on our categories - They went up!!).

PLEASE DON'T SPREAD URBAN LEGENDS. The fascistic Homeland Security Act is bad enough without having people think that PRIVATE FREE ENTERPRISE is being impinged upon to the point where business is being restricted as far as when or within what limits a travel company may do business.

IF YOU ARE BOOKING A CRUISE OUTSIDE THE US, YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT (or minimally for places such as the Caribbean, a VALID birth certificate with certified state embossed notary AND a valid PHOTO ID such as a drivers license). No matter how early or how late you booked a cruise, if you don't have these documents THEY WON'T ALLOW YOU ON THE SHIP.

Where or where did the poster hear that "rumor"?

BnB

GEEZ! Folks like BnB make new people want to just go away. I SAID I didn't know if it was a fact! At the time I was writing this I was just trying to offer a guess (post even says that). I did not check my facts, i thought I was being conversational. After your nasty post, I thought really hard about where I had seen this...and then I remembered! Not only had my TA TOLD me this when i asked about last minute deals (but not with exact timelines - just speaking in general terms about last minute bookings).......but I also got this information from a link on THIS site..it was presented in the MSNBC chat...a person asked if they could still get last minute cruise rates and the answer was....

"Carolyn Spencer Brown: Alas, Kansas City, that is a possibility no more. These days cruise lines are required by law to submit passenger manifests within 24 – 48 hours of departure so…it’s a no go. In fact, many cruise lines quit taking reservations even prior to that – two – four weeks beforehand. "

So, i was off in that it is not a MUST stop in 2 weeks..it is a must stop in 2 days and MIGHT stop in 2-4 weeks prior. I am sorry I made that mistake. I certainly did not intent to spread an urban legend. Heck, I don't even think it IS an urban legend!

Please remember that not everyone here has a thick skin and wants to be jumped all over. People like BnB make this a tough site for new visitors to feel welcome. I had been really enjoying this site for the past week since I found it, til now. But, I will assume that BnB is only a small part of this crowd although i have certainly read a few other people that have an abrasive way about them on this board. Why can't everyone just play nice? Cruising is a fantastic escape for me. Planning it and dreaming about it are 3/4 of the experience. Reading your response to my post made me feel the same as if my dining room waiter just served me a plate of food with a strand of hair in it. I know that the majority of what is there is good, but that hair makes it harder to enjoy.

Today, BnB was the hair on my plate.

bethm214 vbmenu_register("postmenu_1674475", true);

You just need to overlook responses like BnB. Probably got an ingrown toenail and having problems with bad breath at the office. Your post was self explanatory.

Buy yourself one of those little flushing toilets and when you get comments you find offensive just reach over and flush the little toilet.

See you around the boards.

Beth, I agree... ignore the post by BnB, it was completely uncalled for... you stated in your post that you "heard" it and it was a "guess", followed by a question mark... There was no reason in the world that any person that actually bothered to READ :rolleyes: your post would have thought you were trying to "spread rumors" or state facts... See how nicely Host Kristi put it? That is all that needed to be said... last resort, there is always the ignore button :D

Archived