CRUISE LINE Single Supplement Bargains -- Post Here

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

Seems they are running the special every Tuesday till they're gone! I'm from Haymarket,Virginia (just outside DC) - formerly from Pittsburgh area long, long ago. My daughter had called me on Monday to tell me the sale was on - so check then on RCCL website.

I used BTS last year, and will use them again this year. Lowest fare I can find. I'm just waiting to decide if I can fit in visiting very good friends in Edinburg. I'm not sure about flying there then trying to get back to Southhampton. With my luggage it may be hard to get around. BTS worked great. They gave me a booking # for United, and I then went to the United site and picked my seat. Ended up with a middle seat - ugh. But, when I did early check in I was able to upgrade for $89 to their version of coach plus and got an aisle seat with more room.

Seems they are running the special every Tuesday till they're gone! I'm from Haymarket,Virginia (just outside DC) - formerly from Pittsburgh area long, long ago. My daughter had called me on Monday to tell me the sale was on - so check then on RCCL website.

I used BTS last year, and will use them again this year. Lowest fare I can find. I'm just waiting to decide if I can fit in visiting very good friends in Edinburg. I'm not sure about flying there then trying to get back to Southhampton. With my luggage it may be hard to get around. BTS worked great. They gave me a booking # for United, and I then went to the United site and picked my seat. Ended up with a middle seat - ugh. But, when I did early check in I was able to upgrade for $89 to their version of coach plus and got an aisle seat with more room.

I am still trying my darndest to get this to happen. Found airfare from my nearby airport (Harrisburg), for about $500...I had been looking before for ticket to Southampton instead. I have flown into Heathrow before. Is that where your ticket is to, or Gatwick? What deck are you on? Guarantee or picked it yourself? Please advise.

If you want to go out of Dulles, you could park your car locally and ride to airport with me! Flight is nonstop to Heathrow. I think I'm taking the 6 am flight so in case something were to happen and flight cancelled, there is a later flight I could get on.

I am assuming that you aren't getting a hotel the day before? I called RCCL and they still have rooms available for really reasonable and they are all guarantee, about 14 of them. Are you a smoker? I am looking to see if it would be cheaper for me to just fly to Dulles and use hotel points for something.

If you want to go out of Dulles, you could park your car locally and ride to airport with me! Flight is nonstop to Heathrow. I think I'm taking the 6 am flight so in case something were to happen and flight cancelled, there is a later flight I could get on.

I couldn't find a 6 a.m. flight, but found a 6 p.m. flight that arrives around 6 a.m. in the morning. Is that the one you mean? Sorry to be so skitzy, but I am really contemplating doing this.

Flight is into Heathrow - transfer via RCCL to Southhampton is something like $82. I'm on deck 8 - picked it myself - don't think guarantee was an option, althought it may be thorugh a travel agent.

Hi All,

I've still got my fingers crossed that I can do the Indy as well....job thing that's holding me back. I wanted to pop on to say that the National Express is a coach company that runs from LHR to Southampton...not sure exactly where it lets you off but they are GBP22...which is like USD40 half of RCL's transfer.

Vickie

I am finally going on a cruise! I booked it this evening with my TA and set sail 10/18-10/31. I have always travelled RCCL, but this time I'm going to try NCL. I splurged a little and got a balcony so that will be quite nice. :D :D :D :p

HURRAY! Welcome to our cruise!

Nancy

HURRAY! Welcome to our cruise!

Nancy

Thanks Nancy. I finally get to meet you. Are you port or starboard? I hope the moon is full! This will be soooo cool (I hope). I'm a little bit afraid to go with a different cruise line, but I'm sure I will get out of it what I want. Put me on the M&M or whatever they call it please.

p roos at p t d dot net

I was on Sovereign of the Seas the end of last September for a short weekend cruise and it was horrible rocking! I went with 3 other women and we had the bunks (never again) and you know who got one of the top bunks (at age 61, thanks). One of the women got sick. I swear I could see my feet without sitting up! That was an experience. Rained the whole weekend.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Carnival has some really good bargins leaving out of Florida in Oct. I just booked a 1A on the Destiny - 5 day $343.50 on 10/11 and a 4 day for $298.50 on 10/16 (plus fuel surcharge and Federal taxes/fees which were about $90 total for each cruise). So it was less than $100 a day including fuel surcharge and Federal taxes/fees. I figure that anytime I can take a cruise as a solo person for under $100, is a great price. There seem to be a lot of inexpensive cruises, I'm guessing because people are a little hesitant to book because of all the hurricane's lately.

Anyway, just wanted to pass along the information. I would imagine the other lines are having bargins also but I've only cruised Carnival because I've never had a bad cruise with them yet.

-Mark

Wow - that is a great price - I have a 5 night cruise in Jan (Fantasy) for 500 and thought I was getting a deal, lol. Unfortunately I have another cruise booked already.

I was on the Destiny a bit less then two years ago and thought it was a wonderful ship - I'm sure your cruise will be great.

Next fall I think I'm going to live dangerously and wait to see what they are offering last minute - it seems that you can save a lot of money being flexible.

Em

....Next fall I think I'm going to live dangerously and wait to see what they are offering last minute - it seems that you can save a lot of money being flexible.

Em

Em, every single year I say the same thing, but I can never hold out :rolleyes: . After cruising last Sept a solo deal came up for Dec that couldn't be passed up; but I certainly hadn't planned on it. It was a 9-day NCL Gem TA for under $500 OCV... Balcony's went for $620, but I hemmed and hawed too long.

Mark - those are some great deals!

<Em, every single year I say the same thing, but I can never hold out >

I know - it definitely goes against my nature - I booked my upcoming cruise almost two years ago.

But I am going to hold out next year.....schedule two weeks of vacation just to be safe - if nothing comes up as a really good deal - I'll kick myself a few times and then book something anyhow.

Em

Em

Don't know if this has already been posted (I saw it first on another message board), but NCL has an inexpensive last minute Bahamas cruise. I priced Oct 6 for 4 days outside cabin (cat EE), including tax, fuel supplement, etc. for total for one pax $380.51 - even includes $29 insurance. I already have one booked for October, so it doesn't help me, but I thought it sounded like a good deal...

Don't know if this has already been posted (I saw it first on another message board), but NCL has an inexpensive last minute Bahamas cruise. I priced Oct 6 for 4 days outside cabin (cat EE), including tax, fuel supplement, etc. for total for one pax $380.51 - even includes $29 insurance. I already have one booked for October, so it doesn't help me, but I thought it sounded like a good deal...

Where is Waterford, PA? I live near Lancaster, southeast PA.

Archived