FLL - Avalon Waterfront Inns - Yes or No???

racepoint

I need to make a decision soon (this trip is a Christmas gift.) I posted this under "East Coast Departures" and have not gotten a single response. I am cruising CB on 4/15 and just (maybe haphazardly) booked two nights, pre-cruise, at Avalon Waterfront Inns. Booked through Expedia and relied heavily on the fact they put it near the top of their "top picks" and the price was reasonable. Read a few reviews that were across the board and still booked it. Now, after further digging, I fear I've made a bad choice. We're a family with two teens and I thought the beachfront location would be cool. Thinking of switching to Riverside due to its ambience and the fact it's right on Las Olas Blvd. Can anyone who has stayed at either of these hotels give me some advice and direction??

Hi,

Don't know anything about the Avalon Inns, but we have stayed at the Riverside and that's the way I would go.:cool: If you have 4 staying in a room, be sure to get one of the Executive Rooms in the new Towers. They have a large bath, whereas the older rooms have small baths.

The Riverside has a great location and is right next to the Cheesecake factory.

We stayed in the waterfront inn last year, it is directly across the street from the beach an about (if i remember) 6 blocks or so from Las Olas.

It isn't the ritz, so u'd be sort of roughing it a bit, but for the one night we stayed it was ok.

Archived