Back from the Caribbean Princess Cruise 12/10 to 12/17

cruzzers

I will post a more detailed review later but all in all we had a great cruise. Boarding the ship at the port was a breeze! We sailed right through the check-in process. (no pun intended) We left AmeriSuites at around 11:00 and entered the holding area around 11:15. We were going throught the check in window by 12:00 and in the Horizon Court by 12:15.

We were in the very front of the ship in room L104 and loved the location. It was a bit rough up there the first 2 days at sea out of Ft Lauderdale but great the rest of the week. We had a wonderful cabin steward that took good care of us the whole week.

The entertainment was the best we have seen on any of our Princess cruises!:) The food was really good in the dinning room and the buffet was typical. We felt the staff in the dinning room was a bit overworked and not as friendly and patient as on past cruises. Nothing bad, but just an observation. Since our luggage was misplaced for sail-away, we went to the buffet for the cold seafood. It was very good and made for a less stressful sailaway.

The ship is in top notch condition and we never felt crowded or had to search for a lounge on sea days. Princess really thought this ship out the way things are located. Even though we were in the very front of the ship on the LIDO deck, we didn't feel far from anything.

I brought home the Patters and would be happy to check on anything you might have questions about.

Will post more later with a full review and more detail.

Happy Holidays to all!

Happy to hear a positive review. I have been hearing so many bad cruise stories lately, I have been thinking of cancelling my upcoming cruise.

I have been on her twice this year and both were wonderful cruises, one to the Eastern Caribbean and one to the Western. The only thing we found negative were the beds. Guess I have missed the negative reviews on her. She is such a popular ship and appears to always sail full. I do hope you don't cancel your trip. You will have a wonderful time.

I would have to say the beds were not the best but we asked for and egg crate topper and that solved the problem. If you like a harder bed, you will be just fine. I do think they are in the process of updating the bedding.

As far as the music was concerned, there was plenty all over the ship every night in different locations and a very good mix and variety. The entertainment was above our expectations and the CD was wonderful. Here are names of some of the bands: Cruisin Steel with Caribbean Melodies, BMW Trio for dancing and easy listening, Chocolat for dancing, and VIBZ. Ray Couzins entertained nightly in the Crooners lounge. The Princess Band was one of the best ever! There were some great shows as well and of course the Princess Dancers performed Piano Man and Caribbean Caliente. There was a really good comedy show with Steve Moris and a wonderful comedy/music act with Tamika.

We were on the 12-17 to 12-24 Caribbean Princess right after you.

The ship is very nice and we really liked it.

Agree on the dinning room......Staff was fine...but seemed overly busy....just not as quick or smooth as 'normal' from other cruises. Drinks sometimes slow....few messed up orders....just small stuff.....not really a problem. Food was fine not outstanding. Buffets were hit and miss depending on what you like some really good some not so good. We did not like the pizza at all but the burgers and dogs were always good....lol

The entertainment....we always found something to do...the main show lounge....It seems everyone loves the latin nite show in the main lounge but we were not overly impressed...but that is all personal opinion. The lounge in the back....Fusion I think...usually had fun type stuff going on...disco, country, 50's...etc nite.

We loved the big screen movies and football by the pool day and night.

Beds.....kinda bad

Room steward was great

We live in Jackson County...with Independence address.

Lake of the Ozarks.....LOVE the golf courses down there....lol

Yea was a very good cruise....not great.

Muts....yea they did the Rocky Horror Picture Show one nite...can't remember what nite though....seems like it started at 11 or 12

HuntKC....my DH was born and raised in Independence. We love it here at the lake and wine every time we have to go to KC for business. Our kids still live there. The golf courses are definately plentiful here. We really don't play much. We like to boat and play on the water too much.

Serene56....Looking back at my Patters shows the Rocky Horror Picture show on 12:15 on the night we were in St Martin. We love the MUTS but for some reason, can never stay awake out there to finish any movie. About 15 minutes and the ship swaying under the stars, comfy loungers and we are in la la land. LOL!

Just got back from first RCI Mariner of the Seas on the Dec. 17-24 cruise.

We've been on Princess long ago and Carnival Triumph once. We loved

the Mariner - beautiful ship. Is the Caribbean Princess open like the Mariner?

We've read that some Carnival ships are like walking around in dark boxes with

no ocean view. Well, the Windjammer has almost all windows to it and is a

lovely view. I never thought there might be bad view on a ship. The three

kids loved the food - big variety in the Windjammer - we also liked the Cafe Promenade. They liked the pizza and that's all that matters. Coffee was yuck, but I usually do 1/3 coffee and the rest milk anyway and it was still strong or bitter. Heard some bad reviews for Mariner but it was excellent in service and food was way better than I heard.

Anyone have pics of the Caribbean Princess or info?

Archived