Transfer service Buenos Aires

ClaudiaF

Anyone know of a limousine company or transfer service company for BA?

Thanks

When we where BA last March,we stayed at teh Alvear Palace hotel,I made arranfgements on the intenet to the hotel and hade them meet me at the

pier when we disembarked,They also took us to the airport on departure.

I would strongly reccomend you contact the hotel you intend to stay at and have them pick you up.

Try Defrantur, we used them last year with great success. You may want to read my Royal Princess Review Jan 04.

Have you got a website/ or email address for them?

Thank you!

Approximately how far is it from the airport to town and from town to the Pier? Is it not practical to take a taxi?

Thank you!

From Airport to town a taxi is to expensive,From pier is no problem but you must use a radio taxi

Someone asked about the distances from the airport and from the Port into "town". When you speak of Buenos Aires you need to be specific because the city is huge and there are two airports. I gather you are speak about Ezeiza and also to the main shopping area on Florida' (by the way, it is not pronounced like the state but like: Flor-ee-da (with the emphasis on the final vowel). It's about a 30 mile trip (I've taken it countless times but always had a driver) and depending on trafic you can usually do it in about 45 minutes. The Port is part of the downtown scene and can be walked very easily. Having lived there for five years and having jogged in many areas and on many streets - I can asnwer many questions not found in your tour book.

Palermo22,

Thanks. Can you offer any info on the Kempinski hotels there esp. the Park Plaza in Recoleta area?

Also, may be far fetched but is there a tourist bus , like the hop on hop off type in BA?

While I lived there for five years (I was attached to the U.S. Embassy) - I left in 1992 - and have only been back once; however, for the mist part BA doesn't change. Recoleta is a beautiful "old establishment" area in which (in my opinion) any of the hotels will suffice. The Hyatt Park Plaza is probably the most beautiful (and best) hotel in the city. The Sheraton is fine - as are the others you mentioned. Unless you are staying in a hotel for a week - then you aren't going to notice much difference between the hotels. Personally, in BA (and the rest of the Southern Cone) I like the small 3* hotel because of the individual service you receive. It will help if you speak Spanish. The bus system - called Colectivos in BA - can take you anywhere you want to go - just make sure you are a little daring: most of the time you are hanging on and you need to be ready to jump off at a given notice - I actually commuted from my apartment (in Belgrano) to the embassy for a few years - and I loved every minute. I could give you all restaurant recommendations but unfortunately they are not in "el centro" (downtown area).

While I lived there for five years (I was attached to the U.S. Embassy) - I left in 1992 - and have only been back once; however, for the mist part BA doesn't change. Recoleta is a beautiful "old establishment" area in which (in my opinion) any of the hotels will suffice. The Hyatt Park Plaza is probably the most beautiful (and best) hotel in the city. The Sheraton is fine - as are the others you mentioned. Unless you are staying in a hotel for a week - then you aren't going to notice much difference between the hotels. Personally, in BA (and the rest of the Southern Cone) I like the small 3* hotel because of the individual service you receive. It will help if you speak Spanish. The bus system - called Colectivos in BA - can take you anywhere you want to go - just make sure you are a little daring: most of the time you are hanging on and you need to be ready to jump off at a given notice - I actually commuted from my apartment (in Belgrano) to the embassy for a few years - and I loved every minute. I could give you all restaurant recommendations but unfortunately they are not in "el centro" (downtown area).

Please suggest restaurants anyways... who knows.. may just fall in.. ;-)

Onhe of the best (and most reasonable) beef restaurants is actually located across the street and down a block from the American Embassy (in spanish: la embajada de los estados unidos) - on calle columbia. The restaurant's name: Rio Alba. This is about a 20 minute drive from downtown.

The best leather place is Kerguelen - I'll see if I can find an address or phone number.

Best ice cream - not only in BA but maybe the world: Fredos

Ten years have depleted my memory a little; however, you all should know that from serving (with the State Department) all over ther world - Buenos Aires was one of the most fabulous places I have ever lived.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived