Help with picking a cabin. Cat CC NCL Dream

ken98230

Hi, would really appreciate some help in choosing a cabin. We are taking the Dream on Feb 3rd from Houston for a weeks holiday and can't decide which cabin to choose. We have booked a Cat CC and currently have cabin 0001...was on the phone with the TA running out of time and had to make a decision. This is a forward facing cabin on Deck 10. (I am aware of the problems associated with this deck but no cabins were available elsewhere)

Given the choice would you take a forward facing cabin with the smaller window and partial obstruction or would you take the bigger window with the port or starboard view?

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken.

We were on the dream and had 9008. I recommend this type over the front facing cabins but this may just be a personal preference. On the International Deck there was a small amount of deck space in front of the forward facing cabins so people who had those cabins had a situation similar to the cabins on the Promenade deck-people can walk by or stand in front of your cabin. This takes away some of your privacy since the people can look into your cabin window. Also, we like a full view cabin so that we can watch the waves go by!!!

My family chose 3 adjacent rooms midship on the promenade deck and we loved it. Yes, people were often walking back and forth on the deck outside so you have to be aware of your privacy. When it is daylight outside then the wide tinted windows were sufficient to assusre our privacy (we went outside and looked for ourselves). Of course as it got darker outside you had to lower your lighting inside or close the curtains. As I said, we sent someone outside to see for ourselves if people could see into our cabins. One day my mother walked past my room with me pounding on the glass and she never noticed me. My young adult & teen neices did, however, walk past a room one evening and got a great view of a young man in nothing but a towel as he came out of his shower. So remember to be aware of lighting in the evening.

Being midship allowed us easy access to all activities onboard and minimal rocking as the boat motored through choppy waters. During the day the wide windows offered fantastic views of the ocean and lots of natural light into the room. Our stewards (Ronny & Noel) were fantastic and went over and above what we expected; for instance they filled our ice chest every day without our having to ask for the extra ice (we took 4 cases of canned sodas to share among us).;)

We were in a CC on Deck 9 starboard (Baltic Capitals last August) and are booked in the same cabin for another cruise in April 08.

The cabin was spacious, with plenty of cupboard space and we both found it relaxing to sit by the full sized window just watching the Scandanavian countryside roll by :)

No obstructed view and no "peepers" ;)

Hope this helps

Archived