Bar set up in cabin.

PintoJeff

I read on a review from mrtractor that there's a rumor...if you walk up to security with a bottle of booze, they will take, then you can pay the corkage fee and take it to your cabin. Can anyone comment on this? Sounds like a good loophole to me......

I read on a review from mrtractor that there's a rumor...if you walk up to security with a bottle of booze, they will take, then you can pay the corkage fee and take it to your cabin. Can anyone comment on this? Sounds like a good loophole to me......

A bottle of wine, but I doubt a bottle of liquor.

That is for wine only, not hard liquor. NMnita

look at mrtractor's review....supposedly a butler told him this. I was just wondering if this was true.

When I first joined CC a year ago, I searched every thread containing "NCL and alcohol" to see what our options would be. I was never able to find anything that agreed with what was in mrtractor's review. :( It is possible that there was some confusion between mrtractor and the butler which resulted in a misunderstanding. It does happen. It would be nice if it was true, but it is unlikely as the info would be all over this forum (as are all the "corkage" and "bar setup" threads).

For anyone interested this is a portion of the mrtractor review from Dec 5th, 2006.

Alcohol - No alcohol of any kind can be brought on board in Honolulu or in any of the other ports. The good old “Security Reasons.” Water and soft drinks are OK. But we found out something interesting from our butler. You can buy a liter of booze, walk up to security and let them confiscate it. Then call security and ask to pay the corkage fee. Yes, it applies to both wine and liquor! So instead of buying a high priced bottle from the ship for onboard consumption, you can pay $15 and they’ll give it to you for consumption in your cabin! I heard a rumor that someone in one of the penthouses actually managed to walk on the ship in Kona while hiding a pint of rum in his pants. Apparently, the metal cap was right under his zipper and went undetected! Of course this is just a rumor."

This is a VERY TRUE STATEMENT.

As long as it is wine. Hard liquor will not happen. If you have any questions or doubts, read the few hundred(thousand) postings in the past few months from real live cruisers.

Archived