Digital Camera recommendation?

I have bought several electronic items in St. Maarten. I Have always had good experiences with the items. Four years ago, I bought a 35 MM Nikon camera with the large zoom lens for my childrens sporting events. I can get shots of football plays with shots that make the media's pictures look like amatuear. When I compared what I paid with what I could have paid here at home, I saved about 25%. This week we came home with a digital camera, a Sony, from St. Maarten again. I shop for the best prices here before I go and then negogiate on prices on the island and have always been able to beat the prices at home. They salesman are very willing to negotiate, go back and forth between a couple of stores they hate that and they want your sales. If you get down to the bottom line tell them you want the filters, the case, film, you can easily get another $25-30 dollars in freebee's. And then to think that you can also save another several percent in tax depending where you live add that to your savings also. We shop alot and travel to the islands often. You can't beat the prices and as far as warranty and repairs....Electronics are throw aways anymore. How often do you have to have a camera or other elctronic repaired? The best camera place...Super Jewelry....yes, a jewlery store. The best jewelry stores...Effy's and Majesty Jewlers.

Archived