Am I pushing it?

zhenya

I just booked our Glacier tour with NorthStar Trekking. The tour is scheduled to return to the ship at 1:15pm. Our ship is scheduled to sail at 1:30. NorthStar people tell me that I'll be on the same van as other people that booked through the ship and that I have nothing to worry about. What do all think? I tried to book for 7am but they don't have any availability

That's what I think. NorthStar told me that there will be people that booked through ship on the same van as us, so I shouldn't worry about it and the ship will wait. Did anyone have a similar experience?

Zhenya....... If you were booked through the cruiseline, [B]then[/B]....you would not have to worry. The cruiseline would not book an excursion with this schedule.

I would certainly worry about the schedule you have presented.

Your ship is going to require you to be onboard NLT....1:00pm! The ship will sail away @ 1:30!

The ship will wait for you IF you are on an excursion you booked through them. It will not wait for you if you are on an excursion booked independently. I'd be a bit apprehensive about taking that risk...

Thanks for the info. What's strange to me that the cruiseline is offering simila (same?) excursion that starts at 9am and lasts for 4.25 hours. this means that it would end at 1:15pm. The same time our would end. In any case I am probably better off paying $40pp more and be safe with the Cruise Excursion. Does anyone know what vendor does NCL use for their Helicopter Glacier Trek in Juneau

If you look at the shore excursions that are offered by RCCL, do they have a tour scheduled for the same time you are going? I have been with Northstar Trekking and they are very punctual. It may be cutting it a little close but when we were in Mexico they waited everytime we were in port for people who were late getting back. Think about it.

Misty

Archived