New Horizons Snorkle Adventure

mzhibbs

Has anyone tried this? Looks like if you have 20+ pp you can rent the boat for a private excursion for $115 a person. The other day sails are around the same amount but can only hold up to 6 people per boat. There were a few that said that we could sail together and then boat hop when anchored. I thought the since we will have children w/ us being all on one boat would be easier. We should have at least 20 in our group so I thought this would be a great way to spend our day in St. Thomas. Any feed back would be helpful.

Hi:
We sailed with New Horizons and chartered the entire sailboat last august for a half day snokle cruise to St Johns. I was told at the time that they could accomodate up tto 18 people and we had 14 on Board plus the crew of 2. In my opinion, 20 would be pushing the limit. Our trip turned out very well, and since we were in controll of the whole boat, we could determine the itinerary and the amount of time spent in each location. Feel free to email me for further information.

Thanks! That's weird, I wonder if there's more than one ship. The website said if you have at least 20 people you can charter the boat. When I called them I was told it could accommodate up to 37 people. So you don't think it would be a good idea for 20 of us.

• 3 weeks later...
We were just on a land vacation in St. Thomas and took the full day sail with New Horizons.

It was fabulous. When we booked, we were told there could be up to 30 people on board. I believe it was a 65 foot sailboat.

There turned out to be my family of 5, plus 5 couples for a total of 15 people plus 2 crew. There was plenty of room for this number, but I would not want to be in a group of 30. I would think 20 would be ok.

We had a wonderful time. We sailed from Sapphire Beach marina, made 2 stops for swimming and snorkeling. The crew was friendly, the food was really good, the drinks were plentiful. I would do it again without hesitation.

Shelley

Archived