suite perks

Mark

Does anyone know if Carnival provides any perks to people who book a suite? I was curious about embarkation and disembarkation benefits? On disembarkation, I have heard that some cruise lines provide suite passengers with VIP disembarkation to leave the ship early?

Does anyone know if Carnival provides any perks to people who book a suite? I was curious about embarkation and disembarkation benefits? On disembarkation, I have heard that some cruise lines provide suite passengers with VIP disembarkation to leave the ship early?

You do get vip check in & they call the cat 11 & 12 rooms first for disembarkation

Mark,

I just recently came back, had a Cat 11. Only perk was the VIP embarkation.... and the huge a$$ room.....and the two sinks.... and the huge a$$ room....and the double-wide view...from the huge a$$ room. Oh... and the whirlpool tub ( that we never used) in the big a$$ bathroom, adjacent to the big a$$ room.

We did NOT do the self-assist debarkation... so we debarked according to our bag-tag color, which happened to be the last color called...but thats okay. We were the first on the ship, and the last off the ship...we were in no hurry to leave.......

Enjoy!

I could be wrong, but I feel like they work a little bit harder to insure that the suite passengers are happy. You know the old saying, "You get what you paid for." Since I have not tried anything but a suite, I can't say this is 100% true. But I think there's a good possibility of it. Also, although this is certainly not guaranteed, we feel that the liklihood of ending up with rowdy neighbors is less in the suites. (Nothing against the party animals, but some of us oldsters need our beauty rest. LOL!) Bottom line is, my husband, who has bad knees and doesn't like to stand in lines, says the price difference is worth every penny just for the VIP check in.

You do get vip check in & they call the cat 11 & 12 rooms first for disembarkation

Not necessarily - each week could be different.

on our last 2 cruises the riveria deck and panaroma was called first.

I do know that Platinum members get priorty on and off.

You get on first!

You get off first...or near the front of the line...on some ships, but not all.

But when you are walking past lines of folks a block long...getting on first all of a sudden seems very worth the price!

Oh...then there is that BIG A$$ ROOM someone else mentioned in passing in an earlier post! LMAO!!!:D ;) :)

Tom:)

Mark,

I just recently came back, had a Cat 11. Only perk was the VIP embarkation.... and the huge a$$ room.....and the two sinks.... and the huge a$$ room....and the double-wide view...from the huge a$$ room. Oh... and the whirlpool tub ( that we never used) in the big a$$ bathroom, adjacent to the big a$$ room.

We did NOT do the self-assist debarkation... so we debarked according to our bag-tag color, which happened to be the last color called...but thats okay. We were the first on the ship, and the last off the ship...we were in no hurry to leave.......

Enjoy!

I take it that those suites are pretty big!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Indeed, the room was large. I see that some Cat 11's (Spirit Class) are split into two rooms, with a seating room and bedroom separated by what appears to be the TV shelf/desk. Mine was not this way.... it was one rather expansive space. Maybe the other rooms are better for entertaining guests in.... but we had no guests to entertain. We did, however, play tennis in the room.... the TV shelf/desk thingy would have been right in the way of the net.

Indeed, the room was large. I see that some Cat 11's (Spirit Class) are split into two rooms, with a seating room and bedroom separated by what appears to be the TV shelf/desk. Mine was not this way.... it was one rather expansive space. Maybe the other rooms are better for entertaining guests in.... but we had no guests to entertain. We did, however, play tennis in the room.... the TV shelf/desk thingy would have been right in the way of the net.

These cabins that have the area broken down into sections are only located on the SPirt class ships on the aft of the ship. THere are only 6 available cabins on each ship. (deck 5 cat 11 on the aft is smaller then a reg balcony cabin so not worth the cat 11 $$.)

People book these cat 11 suites because of the balcony.

Other class ships have these cabins as 9A but the cabins are not broke down into seperate areas.

to clarify my last post:

I think its the cat 11's on Spirit class with the wrap-around decks are that split-room. My Cat 11 did not have a wrap around deck, and was not split. Playing baseball under the fancy lights in the ceiling was fun however....though I dont think even Barry Bonds could have parked one over the fence. Its a big a$$ room I tell ya. Yes, I am exaggerating.... even if only slightly.

Just back from the Liberty had a cat 11 on Emperess. We did get VIP embarkation, but that was all.

The only VIP debarkation was fro Platnum members. We were not one of the first decks to be called. In fact we were one of the last.

The change ot up every time. I personally think they just throw the decks in a hat and that is the way they were called.

Self Debarkation they started with the Panorama and the Riv decks first and worked there way to the middle.

No rhyme or reason to how the decks were called for General Debarkation.

Which is exactly what we noticed... :confused:

By the time our 'color' was called, we stood in line for a bit, and we were actually off the ship a tad bit before some of the 'self assist' passengers, but it was such a mess, I have no idea if there was really any sanity in it at all!..:rolleyes: No matter what ship, or what cabin 'class', its all a big "throw it in a bucket, and you might luck out" scenario!! Again, just my observations, and IMHO! :D

We will stick with the best cabin for the value, and hope we 'luck out' for getting on and off... :cool:

I could be wrong, but I feel like they work a little bit harder to insure that the suite passengers are happy. You know the old saying, "You get what you paid for." Since I have not tried anything but a suite, I can't say this is 100% true. But I think there's a good possibility of it. Also, although this is certainly not guaranteed, we feel that the liklihood of ending up with rowdy neighbors is less in the suites. (Nothing against the party animals, but some of us oldsters need our beauty rest. LOL!) Bottom line is, my husband, who has bad knees and doesn't like to stand in lines, says the price difference is worth every penny just for the VIP check in.

If your husband truly has bad knees, you can always ask for a wheel chair and handicapped boarding. This will get you to the front of the line. We have done this for our elderly relatives (truly a necessity for them) and we got to tag along.

Judy

I take it that those suites are pretty big!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

There not as big as you would think. I had a cat 11 on the Conquest which was O.K & a cat 11 on the Sensation which seemed more like a regular Balcony room on the Conquest.

If your husband truly has bad knees, you can always ask for a wheel chair and handicapped boarding. This will get you to the front of the line. We have done this for our elderly relatives (truly a necessity for them) and we got to tag along.

Judy

Thank you, Judy. It will probably come to that point some day, but for now, he refuses to be pushed around in a wheel chair. He can still walk....it's just very painful for him. And standing in line for a long time really gets to his knees. He is currently taking a series of 5 shots in his knees, of a substance that is oddly enough, made from rooster combs. This is supposed to rebuild the cushioning in his knees. He has only taken one of the weekly shots so far; takes his second tomorrow. Hopefully, this will give him some relief. The next step is total knee replacement, which his Dr. doesn't want to do for another few years.

Archived