Suite Perks

Mark

Does anyone know if Princess provides any perks to people who book a suite? I was curious about embarkation and disembarkation benefits? On disembarkation, I have heard that some cruise lines provide suite passengers with VIP disembarkation to leave the ship early

Does anyone know if Princess provides any perks to people who book a suite? I was curious about embarkation and disembarkation benefits? On disembarkation, I have heard that some cruise lines provide suite passengers with VIP disembarkation to leave the ship early

We just got off the Caribbean Princess where we splurged on a suite. The other poster pointed you to Princess's list of suite amenities, I would invite you to read my review of our Caribbean Princess cruise (by dsfitz) where I tried to address what I thought of the suite perks.

Embarkation - in my opinion, no real benefit. You can use the "Preferred" checkin booth, but the line for it on our cruise was the same length as the lines for the various decks - which is how the majority of people do check in. The longer line is just to get through the security screening, and the suite doesn't help you with that (at least in our case). In any event, the whole process only took about 25 minutes.

Disembarkation - the suite entitles you to use the "Platinum Disembarkation Lounge" which on the Caribbean Princess was Club Fusion. This has newspapers, coffee, and orange juice. It has nothing to do with when you actually debark the ship. On our cruise, if you wanted to carry your own bags, you got to leave first. We had an early flight (before 11:15 AM) so we got to be the first off the ship with the bags being carried off for us. I don't believe being in a suite had anything to do with this - it was based on the flight time. It is possible that you could get yourself included in this group simply by virtue of being in a suite - I don't know.

Archived