Marriott Copenhagen car rental

dog

I am wondering which car rental company is located in the Marriott Copenhagen?

J.

The Copenhagen Marriott concierge assisted me with booking a reservation. I am not 100% sure, but I strongly believe the rental was with Hertz. Hertz was off the hotel property, but Hertz delivered the car to the hotel, and when I finished, I just left the car there for them to pick up. Very convenient and great service.

Thanks Steve. When did you go? Did you use Priceline to book the Marriott?

J.

Hello, I was in Copenhagen and on a cruise in the summer of 2005, in July/August. Yes, I was fortunate to win a bid on a Priceline stay at the Copenhagen Marriott, 2 nights before the cruise, and one night after. I emailed the hotel concierge before my arrival where they assisted me with reservations for car rental. The email address I used was mhrs.cphdk.copenhagen@marriott.com

Will you be renting a car? Where do you wish to drive? I used to live in Denmark, in the Copenhagen area, I'd be happy to offer assistance if requested. It's a great idea to rent a car and go outside the city, there's a lot to see and do. However, if you plan to stay within Copenhagen, then a car is not necesary. There is taxi and a great train system in Copenhagen as well as bus, but for me, you can walk to nearly any place you wish to visit. But, if you wish to vist outside the city, even the train is still a good way to go, but if you're limited on time, like I was, then a car is a good way to cover a lot of ground outside the city.

Steve

Thanks again Steve. I'm not sure about renting a car, but since we have 2 pre and 1 post days in Copenhagen we might consider a one day car excursion. Being able to get it and leave it at the Marriott would be handy.

J.

Thanks again Steve. I'm not sure about renting a car, but since we have 2 pre and 1 post days in Copenhagen we might consider a one day car excursion. Being able to get it and leave it at the Marriott would be handy.

J.

To determine if you need a car, you have to decide what you want to do, or what you want to see. A lot of where you can go can be done via traveling by train which I think is always a fun option. Car rental in Denmark is expensive, I don't recall what we paid. We only had it for a day. I choose to rent a car because with what we wanted to see and do, a car was the only way to do it all in a day.

Here's what we did:

Drove from the Marriott to quickly visit the Little Mermaid

Then drove by a Church I used to attend when I lived in Copenhagen. This was convenient as it was close to the Little Mermaid. Then we drove to Hellerup, a suburb of Copenhagen where I used to live. Then we visited Gentofte to show my parents where I used to go to the market and we stopped by a bakery. After this, we drove to Frederiksvaerk to visit another town I used to live in, then on to Hillerod to visit Frederiksborg castle. Then, on to Fredensborg to visit the Queen's summer palace, and then on to Helsingor to visit Hamlet's castle, and get some ice cream in a little ally close to the train station in Helsingor. Last, we drove along Strandvej, the "Danish Riveria," south to Copenhagen and back to the Marriott. I would have liked to stopped at Deer Park in Klampenborg along Strandveg, but time was running out and we had to get to Tivoli to meet people for dinner. Having a car made all this easy. But, half of this could also have been achieved by train.

Denmark is a wonderful country and Copenhagen is also wonderful.

Steve

Archived