transfers in orlando to port canaveral

ragweed1

I would like to know from any veteran cruisers like myself if you can by the bus transfers at the orlando airport the day you arrive? Its 70.00 roundtrip through carnival. has anyone gotten them cheaper through a website or buying them when you arrive at airport?

any help is greatly appreciated.

1-18-07 sensation.

platinum carnival cruiser

I would like to know from any veteran cruisers like myself if you can by the bus transfers at the orlando airport the day you arrive? Its 70.00 roundtrip through carnival. has anyone gotten them cheaper through a website or buying them when you arrive at airport?

any help is greatly appreciated.

1-18-07 sensation.

platinum carnival cruiser

I always purchase them when I arrive at the airport. The last time I purchased them (April '06) the cost was $50 round trip. One of my trips I had shipboard credit applied due to a price decrease so I only purchased one way transfers at the airport and used the shipboard credit to purchase the return trip. You can get the transfers at the pursers desk. Depending on how many people are in your party, alternate shuttle service may be more cost effective if you prefer not to rent a car a drive yourself. I always use the Carnival shuttle service when I cruise solo as well as when I cruise with my DD. Although it's an easy drive from the airport to Port Canaveral, I'm one of those people who don't want to drive at all when I'm heading out on a cruise. I'd rather sit back and relax and let someone else do the driving.

We did two one way rentals this year. We ended up making new friends on the ship that ended up driving us back to the airport after the cruise which saved us the rental cost. The rental cars in September were anywhere from $40 to $60 one way which would be cheaper than the cruise transfers. Also, if you fly in a day early you can sight see with the car.

We always rent a car when we cruise out of Port Canaveral. Pick up the car at the airport...explore that day/night. Get last minute things you need, out to dinner..In the morning, drop it off near the port and they'll drive u over free of charge. When you return, they'll be a van waiting for you in the parking lot. They'll drive you over to their office to rent another car. If you have a late flight that day or next day, you can do some more exploring. Even if you don't, it's so much nicer to have your own car/space. Don't have to wait for others. Orlando is very easy to get around and easy to get to PC from the airport.

Archived